EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest TV News
- Comic-Con: ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Panel Opens With Deceased Stuntman Tribute
- President Trump Forecasts Bright Future For Sean Spicer After Resignation: “Just Look At His Ratings”
- RIP Sean Spicer’s White House Press Briefings: ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Teaser: Insane Clown Posse Is Here
- IDW Options Thriller Novel ‘Awakened’ For Series Development
- Deborah Watling Dies: Former ‘Doctor Who’ Assistant Was 69