EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Award Nominations: British Plays, American Tuners Split 2015 Noms; 'Fish,' 'Finding Neverland,' 'Zhivago' Blanked
Latest TV News
- ADHD Comedy ‘Golan the Insatiable’ Heads To Fox Primetime For Summer Run
- USA Picks Up 1940s Hollywood Drama Pilot ‘Paradise Pictures’ From ‘Suits’ Duo
- Cablevision Has A Deal With Hulu, But Won’t Say What It Entails
- Winter Ave Zoli, Kelly Overton, Aisling Franciosi, Steve Kazee Join TNT’s ‘Legends’
- PILOTS 2015: NBC Dramas Begin Staffing
- Transformers, G.I. Joe, Other Hasbro Animated Series Storm Vimeo On Demand