EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Jones' Parents Unveil New "Safety For Sarah" PSA, Tell Sundance "Never Again, Never Forget" - Video
More From Andreeva
- ‘Togetherness’ Renewed For Season 2 By HBO
- Brianna Brown Returns To ‘Devious Maids’ As Series Regular
- Trio Exit Circle Of Confusion To Form New Management/Production Company
- eOne Television CEO John Morayniss Inks New Long-Term Contract
- Alan Ball’s Salieri Tale ‘Virtuoso’ Gets HBO Pilot Order With Elton John Producing