EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- Lea Thompson To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot ‘Our People’ From Lee Daniels
- ‘Fam’ CBS Comedy Pilot Casts Odessa Adlon; Dennis Andres Joins ABC’s ‘Greatest American Hero’
- Olympics Draws 16.4M Total Viewers, Lowest Weeknight Result Of 2018 – Update
- ‘Pandas In New York’: Nishi Munshi Joins CBS Comedy Pilot
- Noir Thriller VR Series ‘Memory Palace’ In Works From Telexist & Good Deed
- ‘The Village’: Warren Christie Cast In NBC Drama Pilot