EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Mayweather-Pacquiao Docuseries Set For April Premiere On Showtime
- Fox Wants To Whack $250M ‘Simpsons’ Lawsuit By ‘Goodfellas’ Actor
- Masi Oka Joins ‘Heroes Reborn’, Will Reprise Hiro Nakamura Role
- ‘Walking Dead’ Companion Series Titled ‘Fear The Walking Dead’
- Disney XD Orders Adventure Comedy Pilot ‘MTX!’
- ‘Happyish’ Gets Preview After ‘Shameless’ Finale On Showtime