EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s Grey’s Anatomy-esque medical drama pilot First Cut got its McDreamy in former Smallville co-star and CW heartthrob Justin Hartley. Written by Jennie Snyder Urman and produced by CBS TV Studios, First Cut revolves around a newly minted female doctor working at a hospital. Hartley will play Will, a handsome and flirty surgical intern, a golden boy that all girls want to date and all guys want to hang out with. Hartley has a strong following from his role as the Green Arrow on Smallville, and he was a fans’ choice to reprise his role in the CW’s pilot Arrow, a modern retelling of the story of DC Comics character Green Arrow. The part ultimately went to Stephen Amell, and now Hartley is getting a CW pilot lead of his own.
Justin Hartley Gets Male Lead In CW Pilot 'First Cut'
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ Star Clayne Crawford Responds To Alleged Bad Behavior On Set
- ‘Excessive Force,’ Carl Franklin To Direct With Ice Cube Starring, Is Latest On CubeVision Slate
- Sinclair Prepares To Sell 23 TV Stations In Search Of Tribune Deal OK
- WME Signs Anthony Byrne; ‘In Darkness’ Helmer Set For ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 5
- ‘The Path’ Canceled After 3 Seasons On Hulu
- Study Finds Diversity In Television On The Rise, But Not Representative Of American Population