EXCLUSIVE: Julia Stiles is set as the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Midnight Sun. The thriller, based on an Israeli format, follows the mysterious disappearance of Midnight Sun, a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. It centers on Leah Kafka (Stiles), a female FBI cult specialist leading the investigation that uncovers a larger conspiracy. Also cast in the pilot, written by Lisa Zwirling, are Connor O’Farrell (The Pacific) as Dugan’s Police Chief Garth Harring, Emma Bell (The Walking Dead) as his daughter Rory, and Daniella Pineda as the receptionist at the police station. This marks the first series regular gig for Stiles, whose feature credits include the blockbuster Bourne franchise. She previously did a season-long guest arc on Showtime’s Dexter, which earned her an Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. Midnight Sun reunites Stiles with NBC where she starred in the hit 1999 miniseries The ’60s. Stiles, who had multiple pilot offers, is with ICM, Untitled and attorney David Weber. O’Farrell is with SDB Partners; Bell with ICM and Brillstein Entertainment; Pineda with Innovative and manager Kirsten Ames.
Julia Stiles To Star In NBC Drama Pilot 'Midnight Sun'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest TV News
- ‘Exorcist’ Finale Ratings Steady, ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Dips On Slow Friday
- Rupert Murdoch Feels Heat About His Fox News Sexual Misconduct Claims
- Sheila Nevins Leaving Job As HBO Documentary President; Network Says She’s “Not Retiring”
- Bill Moyers Signs Off From His Web Site, His Final Media Outlet
- Disgraced Chef Mario Batali Apologizes…With Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump