EXCLUSIVE: Julia Stiles is set as the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Midnight Sun. The thriller, based on an Israeli format, follows the mysterious disappearance of Midnight Sun, a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. It centers on Leah Kafka (Stiles), a female FBI cult specialist leading the investigation that uncovers a larger conspiracy. Also cast in the pilot, written by Lisa Zwirling, are Connor O’Farrell (The Pacific) as Dugan’s Police Chief Garth Harring, Emma Bell (The Walking Dead) as his daughter Rory, and Daniella Pineda as the receptionist at the police station. This marks the first series regular gig for Stiles, whose feature credits include the blockbuster Bourne franchise. She previously did a season-long guest arc on Showtime’s Dexter, which earned her an Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. Midnight Sun reunites Stiles with NBC where she starred in the hit 1999 miniseries The ’60s. Stiles, who had multiple pilot offers, is with ICM, Untitled and attorney David Weber. O’Farrell is with SDB Partners; Bell with ICM and Brillstein Entertainment; Pineda with Innovative and manager Kirsten Ames.
Julia Stiles To Star In NBC Drama Pilot 'Midnight Sun'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Andreeva
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox
- 'Simpsons' Duo Adapting Spanish Blended Family Comedy 'Los Serrano' For Fox
- TNT Makes 'One Giant Leap' Into Miniseries With Neil Armstrong Project
- HBO Developing 'The Commissar's Report' Russian Spy Series From Martyn Burke
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Eva Longoria To Produce Texas Political Drama For ABC With Conde Nast