EXCLUSIVE: Julia Stiles is set as the lead in NBC’s drama pilot Midnight Sun. The thriller, based on an Israeli format, follows the mysterious disappearance of Midnight Sun, a group living on a cult-like commune in Alaska. It centers on Leah Kafka (Stiles), a female FBI cult specialist leading the investigation that uncovers a larger conspiracy. Also cast in the pilot, written by Lisa Zwirling, are Connor O’Farrell (The Pacific) as Dugan’s Police Chief Garth Harring, Emma Bell (The Walking Dead) as his daughter Rory, and Daniella Pineda as the receptionist at the police station. This marks the first series regular gig for Stiles, whose feature credits include the blockbuster Bourne franchise. She previously did a season-long guest arc on Showtime’s Dexter, which earned her an Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. Midnight Sun reunites Stiles with NBC where she starred in the hit 1999 miniseries The ’60s. Stiles, who had multiple pilot offers, is with ICM, Untitled and attorney David Weber. O’Farrell is with SDB Partners; Bell with ICM and Brillstein Entertainment; Pineda with Innovative and manager Kirsten Ames.
Julia Stiles To Star In NBC Drama Pilot 'Midnight Sun'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Deadlier Than The Male’: Bryant Tardy Cast In TNT Drama Pilot
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives, Including ‘Empire’ Pre-Show
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East