EXCLUSIVE: John Corbett has closed a deal to star as the title character in the CBS drama pilot Widow Detective, written by David Hubbard and produced by CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn. The project, directed by Davis Guggenheim, centers on Denny Brennan (Corbett), a decorated police detective who, after losing three partners in the line of duty, becomes surrogate husband, lover and father to their families. This marks Corbett’s return to CBS where he got his break as one of the stars of the 1990 series Northern Exposure. The CAA-repped actor most recently co-starred on Showtime’s United States Of Tara and recurred on NBC’s Parenthood. Hubbard, Mendelsohn and Julie Weitz are executive producing Widow Detective for CBS TV Studios.
John Corbett Set As The Lead In CBS Drama Pilot 'Widow Detective'
What's Hot on Deadline
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
Latest TV News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted USA’s Olympic Gold Medal Win In Curling Eight Years Ago
- Omarosa Talks About Writing A Tell-All on ‘Celebrity Big Brother’, Says She Has To “Tell Her Truth”
- MSNBC Analyst Michael Steele To Conservative Honcho: “I’ve Taken Crap You Have No Idea About”
- Fox News To Air Live Donald Trump Interview With Jeanine Pirro Tonight
- CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have Altered Email To Fuel “Fake News” Charges
- John Oliver, HBO Score Legal Victory Over Coal King: First Amendment Protects “Geriatric Dr. Evil” Jab