EXCLUSIVE: As an actress Jodie Foster is sticking with ICM which has long repped her. But as a director she’s taking agency meetings with UTA and Gersh. (CAA and WME wouldn’t rep her just for directing gigs.) ICM still hopes to hang onto her helming but couldn’t set up any movies or even a TV pilot for her. I hear she’s making a decision by Monday. “It’s hard out there for her,” a source explains to me. “The market for her is really cold.” (Then Hollywood is full of idiots because I think she’s a talented helmer.) Foster’s last directing effort was The Beaver starring Mel Gibson and it did little business. Her dilemma may explain why the two-time Oscar winner sent DVD screeners of the film to the entire membership of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences in February: maybe it was a directing job application.
Director Jodie Foster Meeting With Agencies
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- Cannes Winners: Jacques Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Takes Palme D’Or – Live
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs $12.5M…
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video