ABC turned to its late-night host Jimmy Kimmel to emcee the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards. Don Mischer, who produced this year’s Academy Awards with Bryan Grazer, also on ABC, is on board to produce the Emmy telecast on Sept. 23. While he has hosted other awards shows, including the American Music Awards and the ESPY Awards, this is Kimmel’s first time hosting the Emmys. For Mischer, this will be Emmy producing gig No.12. “We love television and look forward to working with the Television Academy and ABC in creating a show that is fast-paced, humorous, unpredictable and at times irreverent, but clearly celebratory of our incredible industry,” Mischer said. It was ABC’s previous turn carrying the Primetime Emmys that produced the most universally panned host performance with Ryan Seacrest, Tom Bergeron, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and Jeff Probst.
Jimmy Kimmel To Host The Emmys, Don Mischer To Produce
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…