The off-Broadway musical ImaginOcean is getting the series treatment from the Jim Henson Co, which is developing a musical underwater adventure series based on the John Tartaglia stage production. Henson, whose latest kids series include Sid The Science Kid, Dinosaur Train and Pajanimals, plans meet with potential co-production partners at the upcoming MIPTV confab, set to begin next week. For ImaginOcean, the company’s Henson Digital Puppetry Studio will animate young fish Dorsal and his pals as they navigate a vibrant underwater world in stories full of comedy, friendship and music. Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford will executive produce for Henson, with Tartaglia, Jill Shinderman and Michael Shawn Lewis exec producing for Jellyfish Jive Prods.
Jim Henson Co Developing 'ImaginOcean' Animated Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: “Come Back, Barack”, Stay Awhile Pete Davidson & Chance Pays Off
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…