The off-Broadway musical ImaginOcean is getting the series treatment from the Jim Henson Co, which is developing a musical underwater adventure series based on the John Tartaglia stage production. Henson, whose latest kids series include Sid The Science Kid, Dinosaur Train and Pajanimals, plans meet with potential co-production partners at the upcoming MIPTV confab, set to begin next week. For ImaginOcean, the company’s Henson Digital Puppetry Studio will animate young fish Dorsal and his pals as they navigate a vibrant underwater world in stories full of comedy, friendship and music. Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford will executive produce for Henson, with Tartaglia, Jill Shinderman and Michael Shawn Lewis exec producing for Jellyfish Jive Prods.
Jim Henson Co Developing 'ImaginOcean' Animated Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV