The off-Broadway musical ImaginOcean is getting the series treatment from the Jim Henson Co, which is developing a musical underwater adventure series based on the John Tartaglia stage production. Henson, whose latest kids series include Sid The Science Kid, Dinosaur Train and Pajanimals, plans meet with potential co-production partners at the upcoming MIPTV confab, set to begin next week. For ImaginOcean, the company’s Henson Digital Puppetry Studio will animate young fish Dorsal and his pals as they navigate a vibrant underwater world in stories full of comedy, friendship and music. Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford will executive produce for Henson, with Tartaglia, Jill Shinderman and Michael Shawn Lewis exec producing for Jellyfish Jive Prods.
Jim Henson Co Developing 'ImaginOcean' Animated Series
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories