EXCLUSIVE: Jennie Snyder Urman, creator/executive producer of the CW drama pilot First Cut, has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio that produces it, CBS TV Studios. Urman has a long relationship with CBS TV Studios. She served as co-executive producer on its CW series 90210. Last season, she wrote and executive produced the studio’s CW pilot Danni Lowinski. This development cycle, she had a two-script deal with the studio. Both projects sold, and one of them, First Cut, went to pilot at the CW. It stars Mamie Gummer as a newly minted doctor who discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Urman executive produces the project with Dan Jinks. UTA-repped Urman’s series credits also include Gilmore Girls and Men In Trees. On the feature side, she wrote the 2011 romantic comedy Something Borrowed.
Jennie Urman Signs Deal With CBS Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over