EXCLUSIVE: Jennie Snyder Urman, creator/executive producer of the CW drama pilot First Cut, has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio that produces it, CBS TV Studios. Urman has a long relationship with CBS TV Studios. She served as co-executive producer on its CW series 90210. Last season, she wrote and executive produced the studio’s CW pilot Danni Lowinski. This development cycle, she had a two-script deal with the studio. Both projects sold, and one of them, First Cut, went to pilot at the CW. It stars Mamie Gummer as a newly minted doctor who discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Urman executive produces the project with Dan Jinks. UTA-repped Urman’s series credits also include Gilmore Girls and Men In Trees. On the feature side, she wrote the 2011 romantic comedy Something Borrowed.
Jennie Urman Signs Deal With CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
'Dear Basketball' Scribe Kobe Bryant On A Career Built "Piece By Piece" And Life After Basketball — Tribeca Studio
Martin Scorsese, Leonardo DiCaprio & Robert De Niro Eyeing 'Killers Of The Flower Moon' From Eric Roth Adaptation
Latest TV News
- Norman Lear To Host Weekly Podcast; Amy Poehler, Julia Louis-Dreyfus Among Guests
- Netflix To Seek €1B In Debt To Help Pay For Original Programming
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- 'Feud: Bette and Joan' Finale: EP Tim Minear Avoided A "Petty Bitchfest"
- ‘Genius’ Stars Geoffrey Rush & Johnny Flynn On Their Shared Task Of Humanizing Albert Einstein…
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘The Crown’, ‘The Night Manager’, ‘National Treasure’…