EXCLUSIVE: Jennie Snyder Urman, creator/executive producer of the CW drama pilot First Cut, has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio that produces it, CBS TV Studios. Urman has a long relationship with CBS TV Studios. She served as co-executive producer on its CW series 90210. Last season, she wrote and executive produced the studio’s CW pilot Danni Lowinski. This development cycle, she had a two-script deal with the studio. Both projects sold, and one of them, First Cut, went to pilot at the CW. It stars Mamie Gummer as a newly minted doctor who discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Urman executive produces the project with Dan Jinks. UTA-repped Urman’s series credits also include Gilmore Girls and Men In Trees. On the feature side, she wrote the 2011 romantic comedy Something Borrowed.
Jennie Urman Signs Deal With CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Parks & Recreation’ Creator Mike Schur: “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey;” ‘The Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Jokes About…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Talks Normalizing “The Other” And A Happy Ending For The Shondaland Show
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure