EXCLUSIVE: Jennie Snyder Urman, creator/executive producer of the CW drama pilot First Cut, has signed a two-year overall deal with the studio that produces it, CBS TV Studios. Urman has a long relationship with CBS TV Studios. She served as co-executive producer on its CW series 90210. Last season, she wrote and executive produced the studio’s CW pilot Danni Lowinski. This development cycle, she had a two-script deal with the studio. Both projects sold, and one of them, First Cut, went to pilot at the CW. It stars Mamie Gummer as a newly minted doctor who discovers that, sadly and comically, life at the hospital where she works is no different than high school. Urman executive produces the project with Dan Jinks. UTA-repped Urman’s series credits also include Gilmore Girls and Men In Trees. On the feature side, she wrote the 2011 romantic comedy Something Borrowed.
Jennie Urman Signs Deal With CBS Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Gemma Arterton To Play Marilyn Monroe In ‘Some Like It Hot’ Comedy
- BBC Launches Review To “Sweep Away” Barriers For Women At The Corporation
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo