In what’s likely to be a hot property at next week’s Mip-TV market in Cannes, Emmy-winning showrunner René Balcer is teaming with Jean Reno on English-language cop series Le Grand. The Paris-set show sees Reno play an implacable and meticulous elite cop who stops at nothing to solve mysterious murder cases. The hourlong series is produced by Atlantique Productions with SevenOne International handling global distribution. In a move that will make the tourist board happy, each of the episodes will revolve around one of Paris’ iconic locations including Nôtre Dame, the Place de la Concorde and the Opéra. Balcer, who’s written and produced over 200 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: UK and Law & Order: Los Angeles, created the series in collaboration with French TV vets Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva. Ollivier, who’s written for the French version of Criminal Intent, and Reno previously collaborated on the 2005 film Empire Of The Wolves.
Jean Reno To Star In English-Language Series 'Le Grand' From René Balcer
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- The China-Hollywood Poker Play: Is There A Sucker At This Table?
- Turkey Day Domestic Box Office Dips As 'Mockingjay' Flies Past $200M Overseas
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Brings The Dark Side, And The Light: Hot Teaser
- James McAvoy Has Company In 'The Ruling Class'; 'Rocky Horror' Sequel Time Warps To Stage: West End Briefs
- Cannes Pics Vie For Delluc Prize; China Plans 6 'Three Body' Films: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Frank Yablans, Former Paramount President, Dead At 79