In what’s likely to be a hot property at next week’s Mip-TV market in Cannes, Emmy-winning showrunner René Balcer is teaming with Jean Reno on English-language cop series Le Grand. The Paris-set show sees Reno play an implacable and meticulous elite cop who stops at nothing to solve mysterious murder cases. The hourlong series is produced by Atlantique Productions with SevenOne International handling global distribution. In a move that will make the tourist board happy, each of the episodes will revolve around one of Paris’ iconic locations including Nôtre Dame, the Place de la Concorde and the Opéra. Balcer, who’s written and produced over 200 episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Law & Order: UK and Law & Order: Los Angeles, created the series in collaboration with French TV vets Franck Ollivier and Malina Detcheva. Ollivier, who’s written for the French version of Criminal Intent, and Reno previously collaborated on the 2005 film Empire Of The Wolves.
Jean Reno To Star In English-Language Series 'Le Grand' From René Balcer
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2
- Japan-North Korea Talks Seen Unaffected By Sony Hack Attack Revelations