EXCLUSIVE: Jamie Tarses and her Fan Fare banner are staying at Sony Pictures Television with a new two-year overall deal. The decision for Sony to re-up Tarses is a no-brainier as she is the studio’s most prolific non-writing producer. Tarses has 3 series on the air, ABC comedy Happy Endings, which is expected to be renewed for a third season, TNT’s Franklin & Bash, which returns for a second season this summer, and the upcoming TBS comedy series Men At Work. Additionally, Fan Fare has 2 broadcast pilots, CBS drama Baby Big Shot and the NBC Hilary Winston comedy. Former NBC and ABC executive Tarses came to Sony in 2005 when she joined Gavin Polone at his Sony-based Pariah. After selling a few projects, including the TBS series My Boys, the two parted ways at the end of 2006 when WME-repped Tarses launched her company Fan Fare and inked an overall deal with Sony. Her series for Sony also include Hawthorne, which ran on TNT for 3 seasons, ABC’s Mr. Sunshine and CBS’ Mad Love. Tarses has recently been working with Julia Franz who executive produces with her Men At Work as well as Fan Fare’s broadcast pilots.
Jamie Tarses Signs New Deal With Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury