BREAKING: Jake Gyllenhaal is in negotiations to star in Motor City, the Albert Hughes-directed drama for Dark Castle. Gyllenhaal, who most recently completed the David Ayer-directed drama End of Watch, will play an ex-Army Ranger named John Miller who is framed for a crime he didn’t commit. Now, he is going after the man who framed him and stole his true love. Oscar-nominated Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy star Gary Oldman plays the villain and Amber Heard is the female lead. Joel Silver and Andrew Rona will produce for Dark Castle with Ethan Erwin and Douglas Urbanski exec producing. Warner Bros will distribute, as the studio did with Dark Castle’s hit Unknown. The film will begin shooting late spring in Berlin. Gyllenhaal is repped by WME.
Jake Gyllenhaal In Driver's Seat For Dark Castle's 'Motor City'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Intense Competition For Top Tier Titles Leaves Indie Buyers Facing Uncertain Future – Berlin
- ‘Criminal’ Trailer: Kevin Costner Is The Right Man In The Wrong Body
- UK Hits ‘Star Wars’ Producers With Criminal Charges Over Harrison Ford On-Set Accident
- ‘The Brothers Grimsby’: Trailer Or Titillating Clip “Shown” On ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ – Which…
- Saban Acquires Jackie Chan’s ‘Skiptrace’ For U.S.; Maggie Q Joins ‘Slumber’ – Berlin