EXCLUSIVE: It looked good there for a day but Jake Gyllenhaal’s deal to star in the Albert Hughes-directed Motor City has veered off the road. Talks fell apart, over scheduling, I hear. The actor wanted to push the dates and financier Dark Castle did not. They are putting together lists for another actor to star in the film in the role of an ex-military man who is framed and sees his life and gal taken away by the bad guy. Gary Oldman and Amber Heard are already set in the Chad St. John-scripted film.
Jake Gyllenhaal Backs Out Of 'Motor City'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Bows To $196M Overseas; $265M Global – International Box Office
- 'The Big Sick' Nabs Year's Highest Theater Average; 'The Beguiled' is Sofia Coppola's Best Debut Average – Specialty…
- ‘Rats’ Director Morgan Spurlock On Crafting A Documentary That Plays Like A Horror Film
- Why ‘Transformers’ Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Cars 3’ Fight Over 2nd Place…
- ‘Bright Lights’ Directors Alexis Bloom & Fisher Stevens On Two Hollywood Icons Who Never Stopped Performing
- Viral ‘Toy Story’ Origin Tale Debunked By Pixar Exec: No Polio For Andy’s Dad