EXCLUSIVE: Tom Cruise is talking to Clint Eastwood about joining Beyonce in A Star Is Born, the Warner Bros remake. This comes after Cruise morphed into an Axl Rose-like 80s rock icon in Rock of Ages, so he’d be able to handle the singing part of that comes with playing an over the hill musician who helps launch the star of an ingenue he falls in love with and who watches him slide while her star soars. We have no idea if Cruise will say yes, or if the schedules will mesh since he’s just beginning shooting on the Joseph Kosinski-directed Oblivion, followed by the Doug Liman-directed All You Need Is Kill Are for Warner Bros. The film has drawn the interest of top talent, but it has taken a long time. Some of that had to do with Beyonce’s pregnancy, but she’s ready to shoot as soon as June. The studio at various times has discussed everyone from Will Smith to Christian Bale, Eminem and Russell Crowe, and the addition of Eastwood makes the whole thing more attractive. Deadline revealed that Cruise might take on Rock of Ages at an early stage, so who knows?
Is Tom Cruise Heading For Another Rock Star Turn In 'A Star Is Born?'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Alice’ Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; ‘Warcraft’ Scores $31.6M; ‘X-Men’ Cumes $186M – Intl…
- Holdovers 'Weiner,' 'Love & Friendship' & 'The Lobster' Strong: Specialty Box Office
- Sam Mendes: “I Think It's Time For Somebody Else” To Direct Bond
- Dwayne Johnson Teases Furious Future With First In-Character Pic From ‘Fast 8’
- Jeff Bridges Infiltrates ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’
- ‘Equals’ Director Drake Doremus On Film’s Love Story, Locations & Audience Response