On the heels of Imagine principal Brian Grazer producing last month’s Academy Awards, he is looking to get the company into the live TV arena. I hear that Imagine TV is actively looking for other live TV projects to produce, primarily half-hour shows and event TV specials — including awards shows. I hear Grazer is spearheading the idea, which is being fast-tracked, after he loved the experience producing the Oscars. Despite coming on board relatively late after original producer Brett Ratner stepped down along with host Eddie Murphy, Grazer was able to quickly lock in a new host, Billy Crystal, and, along with fellow producer Don Mischer, deliver a show that drew 39.3 million viewers, up 4% from last year.
Imagine Television Looks To Expand Into Producing Live TV Shows And Events
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips