On the heels of Imagine principal Brian Grazer producing last month’s Academy Awards, he is looking to get the company into the live TV arena. I hear that Imagine TV is actively looking for other live TV projects to produce, primarily half-hour shows and event TV specials — including awards shows. I hear Grazer is spearheading the idea, which is being fast-tracked, after he loved the experience producing the Oscars. Despite coming on board relatively late after original producer Brett Ratner stepped down along with host Eddie Murphy, Grazer was able to quickly lock in a new host, Billy Crystal, and, along with fellow producer Don Mischer, deliver a show that drew 39.3 million viewers, up 4% from last year.
Imagine Television Looks To Expand Into Producing Live TV Shows And Events
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates