On the heels of Imagine principal Brian Grazer producing last month’s Academy Awards, he is looking to get the company into the live TV arena. I hear that Imagine TV is actively looking for other live TV projects to produce, primarily half-hour shows and event TV specials — including awards shows. I hear Grazer is spearheading the idea, which is being fast-tracked, after he loved the experience producing the Oscars. Despite coming on board relatively late after original producer Brett Ratner stepped down along with host Eddie Murphy, Grazer was able to quickly lock in a new host, Billy Crystal, and, along with fellow producer Don Mischer, deliver a show that drew 39.3 million viewers, up 4% from last year.
Imagine Television Looks To Expand Into Producing Live TV Shows And Events
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess