On the heels of Imagine principal Brian Grazer producing last month’s Academy Awards, he is looking to get the company into the live TV arena. I hear that Imagine TV is actively looking for other live TV projects to produce, primarily half-hour shows and event TV specials — including awards shows. I hear Grazer is spearheading the idea, which is being fast-tracked, after he loved the experience producing the Oscars. Despite coming on board relatively late after original producer Brett Ratner stepped down along with host Eddie Murphy, Grazer was able to quickly lock in a new host, Billy Crystal, and, along with fellow producer Don Mischer, deliver a show that drew 39.3 million viewers, up 4% from last year.
Imagine Television Looks To Expand Into Producing Live TV Shows And Events
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow