British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Linda Hamilton Set To Return To 'Terminator'; Reuniting With Cameron And Schwarzenegger For Planned Trilogy
Latest TV News
- ‘Will & Grace’ Lands First-Ever Streaming Deal With Hulu For Old & New Episodes
- Senator Calls Jimmy Kimmel Claims “Absolute Garbage”; Obama Calls GOP Efforts “Aggravating”
- Dick Wolf Gets CBS Series Order For FBI Drama
- Netflix Greenlights Comedy From Natasha Lyonne, Leslye Headland & Amy Poehler
- Sabrina the Teenage Witch ‘Riverdale’ Companion Series In Works At the CW
- ‘In The Cloud’: Crackle Sets Cast As Production Begins