British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy Sheindlin & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios