British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Gets Saturday Treat As 'Jack Reacher' Trips; 'Joneses' Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. PM Udate
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Scores Another Bingo With Trump Versus Clinton
- Celebs & Shows Celebrate As Chicago Cubs Move To World Series
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- ‘Dirk Gently’ & ‘Black Mirror’ Season 3 Review: Brits Coming With Savory Treats
- Cecilia Hart Dies: Actress & Wife Of James Earl Jones Was 68