British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Berlin Station’ EP Talks Tonal Shift In Upcoming Season 2 & More — TCA
- ‘The Daily Show’ Spinoff Starring Jordan Klepper Gets Title & Premiere Date On Comedy Central – TCA
- Comedy Central Orders More Episodes Of ‘The President Show’ In New Slot, ‘The Jim Jefferies Show…
- MTV Video Music Awards: Kendrick Lamar Leads Nominations
- ‘Broad City’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date On Comedy Central – TCA
- ‘Daily Show’s Hasan Minhaj & Goatface Special Set On Comedy Central – TCA