British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TV Station WLS Confuses PyeongChang, South Korea With P.F. Chang’s Restaurants
- Laura Ingraham Invites LeBron James To Fox News Over “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments
- CNN To Air Town Hall With Florida Students, Parents; Donald Trump Invited
- Bill Maher Ponders Hollywood Romantic Comedies In The MeToo Era
- Olympics Ratings Remain Low On Night Of Nathan Chen’s Historic Quad Display
- Humanitas Prize Winners Include ‘Mudbound’, ‘The Post’ & ‘Lady Bird’