British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Diversity Debate Underscores 2016 NAACP Image Awards As Oscar Snubs Win Big
- The 2016 NAACP Image Awards Winners: ‘Creed’, ‘Black-Ish’ Clean Up While ‘Compton’ Wins Best…
- CBS Orders Medical Drama Pilot ‘Sensory’ From David Zabel & Scott Free
- Shondaland’s ‘Still Star-Crossed’ Romeo & Juliet Sequel: Michael Offer To Direct
- ‘Second Fattest Housewife In Westport’ ABC Pilot: Ruben Fleischer To Direct
- ‘Cruel Intentions’: Sarah Michelle Gellar Courted To Reprise Her Role In NBC Pilot