British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- CBS Football Analyst Apologizes For Gun Photo On Daughter’s Prom Night
- BAFTA TV Craft Award Winners Include ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘The Crown’
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Kit Harington: Sex Harassment “Everywhere” In Show Business
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief
- Hollywood Celebrates Earth Day With Environmental Shout-Outs
- Trump Tweaks NBC’s Chuck Todd Again, Defends His North Korea Stance