British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Flesh & Blood’ Mystery Drama From Jenna Bans Gets ABC Pilot Order
- ‘Limitless’ Drama, Dan O’Shannon & Tad Quill Comedies Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Mehcad Brooks To Co-Star In ‘Supergirl’
- WME | IMG Acquires Boutique Agency Dixon Talent, Home Of Stephen Colbert, Carson Daly, Jimmy Kimmel & Jon Stewart
- ‘Strange Calls’ Paranormal Comedy Gets NBC Pilot Order
- Georgia King To Co-Star In HBO Comedy Series ‘Vice Principals’