British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jon Stewart On Track For Fall Launch On HBO, Details About His New Show – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ WILL Be Out of 2017 Emmy Contention, Could Get Spinoff -TCA
- ‘Westworld’, ‘Divorce’ & ‘Insecure’ Get Premiere Dates On HBO
- ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’ Renewed Through 2018
- Vin Diesel Officially Passes 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- Boy Meets ‘Girl Meets World’ In Massive ‘Boy Meets World’ Cast Reunion Photo