British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Review: Inventive Sequel Is A Worthwhile Trip Down The Rabbit Hole
Latest TV News
- Vice News Taps BBC’s Neil Breakwell As London Bureau Chief
- ‘The Interestings’ & ‘The Last Tycoon’ Dramas With Kelsey Grammer, Lily Collins & Lauren Ambrose Among New…
- Bravo Media Beefs Up Development Slate With Seven Reality Projects
- DHX Media Boards ‘Mega Man’ Animated TV Series Based On Classic Video Game
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Renewed For 4th & 5th Seasons Amid Host Of BBC Drama Orders
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages