British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor Neil Fingleton Dies: UK’s Tallest Man Was 36
- Hollywood Mourns Bill Paxton: “A Wonderful Man”, Says Tom Hanks
- Bill Paxton Had Completed Order For CBS’ ‘Training Day’ Before His Death
- Spokesperson Explains Donald Trump’s Press Dinner No-Show: “We Spend Enough Time Around Each Other”