British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Croisette Queen Nicole Kidman On Coming To The Fest With Four Films & The Runaway Success Of ‘Big Little Lies…
- Will ‘Underground’ Become Casualty Of Sinclair’s Tribune Takeover? Hopes For Acclaimed Drama Fade As…
- How ‘Search Party’ Broke All The Rules Of Television On Its Way To TBS Success – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Cavaliers’ Win Scores NBA Playoffs Ratings Victory, ‘Beat Shazam’ Solid
- NBC’s Lester Holt Wins May Sweep In Demo; ABC’s David Muir Dominates In Total Viewers
- ‘This Is Us’ Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers