British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
Latest TV News
- ‘Dominion’ Canceled After 2 Seasons
- ‘The Wiz Live’ Key Art: Stars Ease On Down The Road To NBC Production
- ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ Off To Low Ratings Start, ‘Jane The Virgin’ Slips In Return, ‘Blindspot…
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Gets Full Season 2 Order By ABC
- Ludacris-Produced Drama Among Two CBS Sales For Writer Paul Downs Colaizzo
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh