British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mad About You’ Comedy Series Heads To China With Local Adaptation
- Sterling Jerins Joins HBO’s ‘Divorce’; Kirby Howell-Baptiste In ‘Downward Dog’ Pilot
- Jeff Zucker Says Change To CNN Report On Baltimore Cop Trial Corrected Mistake Of Context
- UTA Signs Viral Video Star Deva Dalporto
- Discovery Introduces App For TV Everywhere Streaming: Discovery Go
- TruTV Renews ‘Those Who Can’t’ Ahead Of Launch; Orders ‘Shady Neighbors’ Pilot