British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Great News’ EPs On How This Workplace Comedy Differs From ’30 Rock’ (Hint: It Stars An Overbearing Mom)…
- NBC Boss Would Love For Jimmy Fallon To Return As Golden Globes Host
- Dick Wolf FBI Drama On Pause, ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Eyes New Love Interest For Benson
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’: NBC Executives Hopeful Daytime Drama Will Return Next Season
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Panel Cautiously Handles In-The-News Cop Question– TCA
- Fox Promotes Salil Mehta To Head Up Newly-Created Gaming & VR Division