British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month
- Steve Bannon Exits As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist, Returns To Breitbart As “Populist Hero”