British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- Bill Cosby Publicist Says Upcoming Tour Not About Sexual Assault; Tells CNN That Media Is To Blame
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Co-Supervising Sound Editor On Bringing Musical Instruments Into The Foley Department
- ‘Our Fascinating Planet’s Demetri Martin On Short-Form Satisfaction And Expanding The Narrative With ‘Dean…
- ‘Rats’ Director Morgan Spurlock On Crafting A Documentary That Plays Like A Horror Film
- CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ Calls ‘Fox & Friends’ A Trump “Infomercial”
- ‘The Leftovers’ Creators Damon Lindelof & Tom Perrotta On Their Story Of Survivors