British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
Latest TV News
- Peter Hoffman “Stunned” By Guilty Verdict In Louisiana Tax Fraud Trial – Updated
- Viola Davis To Star In Harriet Tubman HBO Movie From Kirk Ellis, Doug Ellin & Amblin
- Bruce Jenner Interview Hits 17.1M In Final ‘20/20’ Viewership Results – Update
- ‘Unauthorized Full House’ Movie In The Works At Lifetime
- Ellen Pompeo On Patrick Dempsey’s ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Exit — How Meredith Will Go On
- ‘Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown’ Ratings Steady With 2014, ‘High Profits’ Fizzles In Week 2