British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Mario Batali Under Criminal Investigation By NYPD For Sexual Assault Allegations; B&B HG Sever Ties With Chef - Update
Oprah Winfrey, Natalie Portman, Lena Dunham, Chadwick Boseman Among 140 To Sign Open Letter On Gender Equality
Latest TV News
- He’s Baaaack! Ryan Kavanaugh Hired As Consultant By Relativity’s New Owners
- ‘9-1-1’s Angela Bassett Brings The Heat In First Cop Role
- ‘Overlooked’ Female Anthology Series Based On NY Times Obituaries Feature Set At Anonymous Content & Paramount TV
- Nina Tassler Talks About Her New Epix Project ‘War Torn’, Telling Stories Of Female Reporters Who Covered Vietnam War
- WWE ‘SmackDown’ Moving To Fox From USA Network In Fall 2019
- ‘Descendants 3’: Disney Channel Pic Adds Cheyenne Jackson As Hades From ‘Hercules’