British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Still Gunning For $40M+; 'Ninjago' Dulls Blades To $22M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.7M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest TV News
- ‘Overtime’ Revelation: Barney Frank Tells Bill Maher His Cousin Was A Stooge
- ‘Real Time’: Bob Costas Proposes Solution To NFL’s Anthem Problem
- CAA Head Of TV Literary Ryan Ly Exits
- Disney And Altice Trade Jabs As Carriage Contract Deadline Looms
- ‘The Exorcist’ Reveals Biting New Photos + Key Art Ahead Of Season 2 Premiere
- Two Comedy Projects From Mike Schur, Including Jeffrey Seller-Produced Musical, Set At NBC With Big Commitments