British actor Hugh Dancy is set as one of the two leads in Hannibal, NBC’s 13-episode series from Gaumont International Television, written and executive produced by Bryan Fuller and executive produced by Martha DeLaurentiis. The project is described as a contemporary thriller featuring the classic characters from Thomas Harris’ novel Red Dragon — FBI agent Will Graham (Dancy) and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter — who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship. The role of Will Graham was played by Ed Norton in the 2002 movie adaptation, in which Anthony Hopkins reprised his Oscar-winning role as twisted series killer Hannibal Lecter. Dancy, an Emmy nominee for HBO’s Elizabeth I, recently recurred on the Showtime comedy series The Big C.
Hugh Dancy To Star In NBC Series 'Hannibal'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest TV News
- ITV Orders Gurinder Chadha’s ‘Beecham House’; Period Drama To Be Set In India
- Stalking Horse Bidder Lantern Capital Has Competition In Race To Ride Off With Weinstein Company Assets
- ‘Big Little Lies’: Laura Dern Posts First Look At Season 2 Of HBO Drama
- John Oliver’s Mike Pence-Trolling Bunny Book Steals Amazon Top Spot From James Comey
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Donald Trump For Rookie Mistake In Andrew McCabe Firing
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case