EXCLUSIVE: House co-star Jesse Spencer is looking to stay in primetime as the lead of another drama series. Spencer, who has played Dr. Robert Chase on the Fox medical drama House for the past 8 seasons, is set to star in the NBC drama pilot Chicago Fire. On Wolf Films and Universal TV’s action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Spencer will play the lead, Matthew Casey, a firefighter at Firehouse 55, a natural leader who is in his element when on a rescue or putting out a fire but in his personal life, he is grappling with a recent separation from his wife. Also cast in the pilot is Charlie Barnett as Peter Mills, a young candidate firefighter fresh from the Academy. Spencer and Barnett join previously cast Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, Monica Raymund, Taylor Kinney. The deal keeps Spencer in the NBCUniversal family — Universal TV, which produces Chicago Fire, is also the studio behind House. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote Chicago Fire, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. Aussie Spencer, repped by WME and the Fleming Agency in Australia, is the first cast member of House, which is ending its eight-year run in May, to book a new series regular gig. Peter Jacobson recently signed on for a recurring role on the Showtime pilot Ray Donovan.
'House' Co-Star Jesse Spencer Set As The Lead In NBC's Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Spotlight’ Takes Top Honors & ‘The Jungle Book’ Wins Big At 17th Golden Trailer Awards
- Nicolas Billon Signs With The Alpern Group; Rizwan Manji Inks At Abrams Artists Agency
- Emmys: ‘Family Guy’ Takes On Donald Trump In Mailer
- Discovery Launches Cost-Cutting Effort With Buyouts And Possible Layoffs
- Lester Holt Anchors ‘NBC Nightly News’ From Trump Tower; Twitter Disapproves
- Charles Murray Set As Showrunner On Lee Daniels’ Fox Series ‘Star’ As Part Of Overall Deal With 20th Century…