EXCLUSIVE: House co-star Jesse Spencer is looking to stay in primetime as the lead of another drama series. Spencer, who has played Dr. Robert Chase on the Fox medical drama House for the past 8 seasons, is set to star in the NBC drama pilot Chicago Fire. On Wolf Films and Universal TV’s action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Spencer will play the lead, Matthew Casey, a firefighter at Firehouse 55, a natural leader who is in his element when on a rescue or putting out a fire but in his personal life, he is grappling with a recent separation from his wife. Also cast in the pilot is Charlie Barnett as Peter Mills, a young candidate firefighter fresh from the Academy. Spencer and Barnett join previously cast Eamonn Walker, David Eigenberg, Monica Raymund, Taylor Kinney. The deal keeps Spencer in the NBCUniversal family — Universal TV, which produces Chicago Fire, is also the studio behind House. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote Chicago Fire, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. Aussie Spencer, repped by WME and the Fleming Agency in Australia, is the first cast member of House, which is ending its eight-year run in May, to book a new series regular gig. Peter Jacobson recently signed on for a recurring role on the Showtime pilot Ray Donovan.
'House' Co-Star Jesse Spencer Set As The Lead In NBC's Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale