Wildly successful in France, The Intouchables is set to open in the U.S. on May 25, courtesy of The Weinstein Co. The film is based on a true story of a man who was left a quadriplegic after a paragliding accident, which transformed him from an aristocratic business and social leader into a helpless, tragic figure. With the help of an unlikely caregiver — an unemployed, hot-headed and uninhibited Algerian immigrant who turned out to be as lonely and lost as his employer — Philippe was able to return to the world of the living. The film gained renewed notoriety recently when ultra right-wing French politician Jean Marie Le Pen condemned it for shining a positive light on France’s immigrant community. That drew a sharp rebuke from TWC’s Harvey Weinstein.
Hot Trailer: 'The Intouchables'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The “New Sony”; Plus ‘Spiderman’ Interview…
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…