Celebrated Italian director Nanni Moretti (The Son’s Room) divided audiences in Cannes last year with his latest, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). Starring French actor Michel Piccoli (Contempt) the feature centers on a cardinal who is elected as the next Pope. Wary of the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he’s presented to the faithful in St. Peter’s Square and withdraws physically and emotionally. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new pontiff. The film opens April 6th in the U.S.
Hot Trailer: Nanni Moretti's 'We Have A Pope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spider-Man' Interview - CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- No. 8 ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Raoul Peck’s ‘The Young Karl Marx’ Acquired By The Orchard For Fall Bow
- Netflix Nabs Gareth Evans’ ‘Apostle’; Michael Sheen, Lucy Boynton, & More Round Cast
- Darlene Cates Dies: ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’ Star Was 69
- Marvel Gets Most Of ‘Iron Man’ Copyright Suit Tossed But Poster Battle Continues
- Sony Picks Up Pitch Based On Memoir ‘Hope Heals’ For Ian Bryce, Humble Picture Company