Celebrated Italian director Nanni Moretti (The Son’s Room) divided audiences in Cannes last year with his latest, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). Starring French actor Michel Piccoli (Contempt) the feature centers on a cardinal who is elected as the next Pope. Wary of the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he’s presented to the faithful in St. Peter’s Square and withdraws physically and emotionally. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new pontiff. The film opens April 6th in the U.S.
Hot Trailer: Nanni Moretti's 'We Have A Pope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
'The Expendables 4' Muscles Up: Sylvester Stallone Action Pic & 'Rambo 5' Sell To China In Eight-Figure Co-Fi Deal
Billboard Music Awards Ratings Hit Low, 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' Finale Rises, NBA Up With Warriors' Win
Latest Film News
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- Liam Neeson Suits Up For ‘Men In Black’ Spinoff
- Cohen Media Group Sets ‘Palmer’ Scribe Cheryl Guerriero To Adapt ‘Maiden Voyage’
- Chad Stahelski Set To Direct ‘Analog’ For Lionsgate
- Antoine Fuqua To Direct Nicholas Pileggi-Scripted ‘The Street’ for Tooley Entertainment, eOne, Pressman Films
- Michelle Williams To Star In Underground Abortion Network Drama ‘This Is Jane’ For Amazon Studios