Celebrated Italian director Nanni Moretti (The Son’s Room) divided audiences in Cannes last year with his latest, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). Starring French actor Michel Piccoli (Contempt) the feature centers on a cardinal who is elected as the next Pope. Wary of the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he’s presented to the faithful in St. Peter’s Square and withdraws physically and emotionally. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new pontiff. The film opens April 6th in the U.S.
Hot Trailer: Nanni Moretti's 'We Have A Pope'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Brooks
- ‘Birdman,’ Other Oscar Winners Cash In Mildly At Specialty Box Office
- On Oscar Weekend, Foreign-Language Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Has Solid Debut
- Oscar Nominee ‘Wild Tales’ Hits Specialty Theaters Just Ahead Of The Big Show
- ‘What We Do In The Shadows’ Steps Into Spotlight With 2015’s Best Per-Screen Debut
- Spike Lee, Anna Kendrick, David Cross Pics Counter ‘Fifty Shades': Specialty Preview