Celebrated Italian director Nanni Moretti (The Son’s Room) divided audiences in Cannes last year with his latest, We Have A Pope (Habemus Papam). Starring French actor Michel Piccoli (Contempt) the feature centers on a cardinal who is elected as the next Pope. Wary of the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he’s presented to the faithful in St. Peter’s Square and withdraws physically and emotionally. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new pontiff. The film opens April 6th in the U.S.
Hot Trailer: Nanni Moretti's 'We Have A Pope'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: About As Much Fun As You Could Have At The Movies
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old
- Richard Linklater On Why It Took 10 Years To Get His ‘Last Flag Flying’ To The Screen – The…
- Shelter PR Launches Film & TV Division With Hire Of Former Paramount Exec