Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Mints $12M+ Wednesday & Fights 'Justice League' For No. 1 At Thanksgiving Box Office With $68M
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest Film News
- Uma Thurman Exits CAA
- Jillian Bell To Star In ‘Brittany Runs A Marathon’; Michaela Watkins, Utkarsh Ambudkar & Lil Rel Howery…
- ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A…
- 'Darkest Hour', 'Call Me By Your Name', ‘Man Who Invented Christmas’ Usher Holiday – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Molly’s Game’s Jessica Chastain & Idris Elba On Working With Aaron Sorkin In His Directorial Debut – The…
- Willem Dafoe On Playing Tough, Managing Kids In ‘Florida Project’ & Getting Fired On His First Movie – The…