Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest Film News
- John Patrick Amedori, Ray Wise, & Madeline Zima Join ‘The Chain’ From David Martin-Porras
- Deanna Dunagan Joins ‘The Pages’; Roland Buck III Cast In ‘The Week Of’
- Longtime CAA Agent Jon Levin Exits Agency, Joins Beverly Hills-Based ROAR
- As Tuesday Board Meeting Nears, The Film Academy’s Soap Opera Continues
- Ben Affleck & Gavin O’Connor Back For ‘The Accountant’ Sequel; Will Jon Bernthal Return?
- Pure Flix Picks Up ‘A Question Of Faith’