Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest Film News
- David Spade Joins Bruce Dern-Starring Indie Drama ‘Warning Shot’
- Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh’s ‘Logan Lucky’ As James Bond…
- Colin Firth In Talks To Board Thomas Vinterberg’s ‘Kursk’
- ‘Neil Gaiman: Dream Dangerously’: Exclusive First Look
- ‘The Little Prince’ Gets Netflix Release Date & New Trailer
- Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind ‘Nashville’ And Looks To ‘Power Rangers’ As Long-Lasting Franchise