Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Criminal Minds': Kirsten Vangsness & A.J. Cook In Limbo Over Parity Push As Joe Mantegna & Matthew Gray Gubler Re-Up
Why 'Alien: Covenant' Lost Its Bite At The B.O. With $36.1M Opening, -34% From 'Prometheus' -- Box Office Final
Latest Film News
- Sam Mendes In Early Talks To Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’
- Joss Whedon To Wrap Up ‘Justice League’ Movie After Snyder Family Tragedy
- Joey King, Julia Goldani-Telles & More Join ‘Slender Man’ From Director Sylvain White
- Women Lead The Charge Toward A Gender Balance Not Seen In The History Of Entertainment — Deadline Disruptors
- When The Film Academy Invites New Members, Keep An Eye On That Growing Documentary Branch
- The Orchard Lands Cannes Competition Pic ‘BPM’; Samuel Goldwyn Inhales Tribeca’s ‘Holy Air’