Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Fox Buys ‘Foxcatcher’ Co-Writer Dan Futterman Spec ‘A Shot In The Eye'; Matt Reeves Producing
- Skydance Gets Its Own Marketing Maven: Anne Globe Hired As CMO
- Tribeca Film Festival Firms World Narrative, Docus And Viewpoint Titles
- Netflix Outbidding Movie Buyers? Near Whopping Deal For ‘Beasts Of No Nation’
- Jennifer Lawrence, Steven Spielberg & Warner Bros Land War Photog Memoir ‘It’s What I Do’
- Drew Goddard Meeting To Script, Helm New ‘Spider-Man’