Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Mamma Mia!’: Andy Garcia Joins Cast Of Universal Sequel
- Jean Guerin Exits Sony Pics PR Post For TV Return At Fox
- Helen Hunt, Olivia Munn To Star In ‘Die In A Gunfight’ From Mark Gordon Company
- Johnny Lin & Brian Oliver Prep Horror Film ‘Sacrifice’, Paul Johansson Directing
- California Film & TV Incentives Boosted Below-The-Line Wages By $1.4 Billion
- ‘Moonlight’ Writer Tarell Alvin McCraney & David Oyelowo Join Forces On New Disney Musical ‘Cyrano The Moor…