Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Chris Hemsworth & Michael Shannon Saddle Up For Black Label Media’s ‘Horse Soldiers’
- Oscars & The New York Film Festival: How Will The Big Apple Event Affect The Race?
- Ralph Macchio Pic ‘Lost Cat Corona’ Acquired By Virgil Films; Cinelicious Pics Nabs ‘Dark Night’
- Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’ Movie To Be Made By TriStar & PalmStar
- Ioan Gruffudd Joins Mel Gibson & Sean Penn For ‘The Professor And The Madman’
- Shirley Jones And Robert Wagner Join ‘Together’ With Paul Duddridge At Helm