Universal has released its third trailer for Battleship, the Peter Berg-directed summer tentpole based on the Hasbro board game. The studio hopes this megabudget Taylor Kitsch-starrer hits the target better than did last weekend’s John Carter, which will result in a “you sunk my battleship”-type torpedo blow to Disney’s financial ledger. Universal opens Battleship May 18 in the U.S. and Canada. By then it will have earned some gross overseas, where it opens April 11. Liam Neeson, Brooklyn Decker and Rihanna also star. This trailer gives the latter some face time. The film certainly looks like it has a global calamity scale, and Berg has brought back not only his Friday Night Lights fixtures Tim Riggins (Kitsch), but also Landry Clarkie (Jesse Plemons). Texas forever!
Hot Trailer: 'Battleship'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest Film News
- Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In ‘A Million Little Pieces’
- Los Angeles Times Parent Tronc Launches Investigation Of Publisher Ross Levinsohn Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Men In Black’ Untitled Spinoff Gets Summer 2019 Release Date Change
- Frank Grillo, Luke Grimes & Robert Taylor Set For Crime Thriller ‘Into The Ashes’
- Danny Strong Hired To Script Walt Disney’s Remake Of ‘Oliver!’
- ‘Lucky’ Producers Tap Richard Kahan To Script New Feature Drama ‘Lifeline’