Dimension Films has released a Red Band trailer for Piranha 3DD, the sequel to the silly 2010 film that was pointedly trashed by James Cameron when he was discussing the future potential of 3D films. That drew an aggressive response from the film’s producer Mark Canton, who reminded that Cameron directed Piranha 2 for Roger Corman early in his career and got fired. Based on what I’ve observed below in this new trailer, I can’t imagine that Cameron will be a fan of the sequel or that Canton will be defending it that hard. It looks like Girls Gone Wild with murderous prehistoric piranha, and David Hasselhoff. Here’s a little red meat in the water for Deadline’s comments section.
Hot? Red Band Trailer: 'Piranha 3DD'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Maze Runner' Over $30M; Liam's Leisurely 'Walk' To $14M; 'Where I Leave You' Stays Put At No. 3
More From Fleming Jr
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production On Joe Paterno Movie With Brian De Palma & Al Pacino
- Shark Spec Script 'In The Deep' Won By Sony
- 'Godzilla' Sequel To Be Scripted By Max Borenstein