Dimension Films has released a Red Band trailer for Piranha 3DD, the sequel to the silly 2010 film that was pointedly trashed by James Cameron when he was discussing the future potential of 3D films. That drew an aggressive response from the film’s producer Mark Canton, who reminded that Cameron directed Piranha 2 for Roger Corman early in his career and got fired. Based on what I’ve observed below in this new trailer, I can’t imagine that Cameron will be a fan of the sequel or that Canton will be defending it that hard. It looks like Girls Gone Wild with murderous prehistoric piranha, and David Hasselhoff. Here’s a little red meat in the water for Deadline’s comments section.
Hot? Red Band Trailer: 'Piranha 3DD'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Off To Low Ratings Start, 'Jane The Virgin' Slips In Return, 'Blindspot' Ticks Up
'The Arcana Chronicles' Books To Get TV Series Adaptation By Warner Bros. With Adam Shankman Producing
Latest Film News
- Lee Daniels, Megan Ellison, Rob Marshall To Be Feted At SAG Foundation 30th Anniversary Gala
- Eugene Cordero Heads To ‘Kong: Skull Island’; Amiah Miller Joins ‘War For The Planet Of The Apes’
- Jennifer Lawrence Schedule Rethink? Exits ‘Rosie Project’, In Talks For Darren Aronofsky Indie
- Deadline’s THE CONTENDERS Set For November 7 At DGA Theatre – Must-Stop For Oscar Hopefuls
- Jackie Earle Haley Signs With Gersh
- Kate Winslet Attaches To Play WWII Correspondent Lee Miller