Dimension Films has released a Red Band trailer for Piranha 3DD, the sequel to the silly 2010 film that was pointedly trashed by James Cameron when he was discussing the future potential of 3D films. That drew an aggressive response from the film’s producer Mark Canton, who reminded that Cameron directed Piranha 2 for Roger Corman early in his career and got fired. Based on what I’ve observed below in this new trailer, I can’t imagine that Cameron will be a fan of the sequel or that Canton will be defending it that hard. It looks like Girls Gone Wild with murderous prehistoric piranha, and David Hasselhoff. Here’s a little red meat in the water for Deadline’s comments section.
Hot? Red Band Trailer: 'Piranha 3DD'
What's Hot on Deadline
'X-Men: Apocalypse' Dawns With $101.5M; 'Angry Birds' Sings With $55.5M, 'Zootopia' #4 Animated Pic Ever Worldwide - Intl Box Office Final
'Fear The Walking Dead' EP Gale Anne Hurd Talks Explosive Midseason Finale, 'Walking Dead' Season 7 & What's Next
'Angry Birds' Takes Flight With $38M No. 1 Debut, 'Sorority' Rushes $21.7M, 'Nice Guys' Finish Last With $11.2M - Final B.O.
Latest Film News
- John Carpenter To Exec Produce New ‘Halloween’ For Miramax, Trancas & Blumhouse
- Guns N’ Roses Docu Gets 50-City Theatrical Preview From XLrator
- Alicia Coppola Joins ‘Cowgirl’s Story’; Johnathon Schaech Lands Roles In ‘Philly Fury’, ‘Day Of The Dead…
- DreamWorks Animation Hires Exec From Paramount As New Head Of Development
- Sony Acquires Thriller Pitch From Scribe Lori Evans Taylor For Akiva Goldsman To Produce
- SAG-AFTRA Files Unfair Labor Charges Against Ad Giant Grey Global