EXCLUSIVE: Anson Mount, the protagonist of the AMC series Hell On Wheels, has signed on to play a nasty villain in the indie racial drama Supremacy. The Deon Taylor-directed drama also stars Danny Glover, Joe Anderson, Derek Luke, Evan Ross, Lela Rochon and Dawn Olivieri. The drama is based on a true story. A paroled white supremacist has just killed a cop, and takes a black family hostage over a long night of terror as authorities cordon off the neighborhood where he and his lady accomplice are laying low. Mount plays the role of Sobecki, a heavily tattooed maximum security prison inmate who’s the head of the Aryan Brotherhood and oversees his criminal empire from behind bars. He’s the kidnapper’s leader and not thrilled when he learns of his charge’s screw-up when he’s called in by authorities to negotiate with the kidnapper. This is Mount’s second film while on hiatus from Hell On Wheels, which returns for a second season this fall. He just completed Code Name: Geronimo for Tony Mark and Voltage Pictures, opposite Cam Gigandet, Freddie Rodriguez and William Fichtner. He’ll next be seen starring opposite Jason Statham in Lionsgate’s Safe, to be released April 26th. He’s repped by Innovative and Brookside Artist Management.
'Hell On Wheels' Star Anson Mount To Play Villain In Hiatus Feature 'Supremacy'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'