UPDATED: I’ve learned that NBC has renewed freshman drama Grimm for a second season with a 22-episode order. That may be be the first of several early pickups of existing series at the network, though despite rumors nothing else is expected to come down today. A low-key addition to the schedule on Friday, Grimm has held its own, even growing when given a chance to run uninterrupted for several weeks. Created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf and Stephen Carpenter, Grimm stars David Giuntoli as a homicide detective who is also a Grimm, hunting supernatural baddies. It is produced by Universal TV and Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills Prods. This is the first NBC series to get a renewal for next season. The move comes on the heels of CBS picking up 15 shows earlier this week.
NBC's 'Grimm' Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'