UPDATED: I’ve learned that NBC has renewed freshman drama Grimm for a second season with a 22-episode order. That may be be the first of several early pickups of existing series at the network, though despite rumors nothing else is expected to come down today. A low-key addition to the schedule on Friday, Grimm has held its own, even growing when given a chance to run uninterrupted for several weeks. Created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf and Stephen Carpenter, Grimm stars David Giuntoli as a homicide detective who is also a Grimm, hunting supernatural baddies. It is produced by Universal TV and Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills Prods. This is the first NBC series to get a renewal for next season. The move comes on the heels of CBS picking up 15 shows earlier this week.
NBC's 'Grimm' Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips