UPDATED: I’ve learned that NBC has renewed freshman drama Grimm for a second season with a 22-episode order. That may be be the first of several early pickups of existing series at the network, though despite rumors nothing else is expected to come down today. A low-key addition to the schedule on Friday, Grimm has held its own, even growing when given a chance to run uninterrupted for several weeks. Created by David Greenwalt, Jim Kouf and Stephen Carpenter, Grimm stars David Giuntoli as a homicide detective who is also a Grimm, hunting supernatural baddies. It is produced by Universal TV and Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills Prods. This is the first NBC series to get a renewal for next season. The move comes on the heels of CBS picking up 15 shows earlier this week.
NBC's 'Grimm' Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest TV News
- Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama ‘Victoria’
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…