Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched