Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest Film News
- ‘Reservoir Dogs’ Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He “Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out”…
- WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms
- Tom Hanks Rocks Bruce Springsteen, After Saluting Jonathan Demme – Tribeca
- ‘How To Be A Latin Lover’ Review: Mexico’s Eugenio Derbez Has Star Appeal, But Lame Comedy Throws It…
- Jonas Bloquet Joins New Line’s ‘The Nun’
- ‘A Gray State’ Director Erik Nelson On David Crowley Doc As A “Core Sample Of American Crazy”…