Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
Julian Fellowes On The End Of 'Downton' And Its Future: "The Crawleys Would Still Be There" - AwardsLine
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers