Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Den Of Thieves' & '12 Strong' Draw Close To $1M On Thursday Night, But 'Jumanji' Will Win The Weekend
MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors - Sundance
Latest Film News
- Octavia Spencer On Female Empowerment Movement: ‘Can’t Be About Women Vs. Men’ — Sundance ‘Power Of…
- More Join Jane Fonda, Common & Gloria Allred At Sundance Respect Rally
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Sings Past Oscar Favorites, Everywhere But Here
- ‘Valerian’ Helps Propel 2017 French Film Exports After Dismal 2016: Unifrance
- SAG-AFTRA Developing Sexual Harassment Code Of Conduct
- Russo Brothers Studio Sets Evan Glodell Indie Drama ‘Canary’