Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”
- Tim Roth’s Certain Regard For ‘Chronic’ Filmmaker Turns Into Ultimate Cannes Connection
- Directors’ Fortnight Winners: ‘My Golden Days’, ‘Mustang’, ‘Serpent’ – Cannes
- Michael Nyqvist Logs On For Indie Thriller ‘I.T.’ – Cannes
- Ava DuVernay & Eli Roth Added To PGA’s Produced By Conference
- Giuseppe Tornatore Composing Ennio Morricone Documentary – Cannes