Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Anonymous Content Finds Its New Strategic Partner: Laurene Powell Jobs’ Emerson Collective
- Daniel Craig Is ‘First Choice’ For Next Bond, Say Producers
- Michael Ovitz & Ron Meyer Discuss Bill Haber, Malibu And Their CAA Split
- Viacom Hits Debt Market With $1.3B Offering
- Peter Bart: ‘French Connection’ Anniversary Reminds Industry Of ’70s Devil-May-Care Filmmaking Approach
- Elisabeth Shue Joins Eli Roth’s ‘Death Wish’