Graham King’s GK Films has acquired film rights to 5th Wave, a young adult sci-fi suspense thriller with a love story at its center. When the human race is on the verge of extinction, one of the last survivors on Earth, an extraordinary young woman, goes on a mission to track down her younger brother who was abducted by the extra-terrestial creatures colonizing the planet. She is forced to align herself with a young man who holds a secret. Together they are they only ones to save mankind. The novel’s by Rick Yancy. Novel was sold as a partial to Putnam, which just sold German rights. King and Tim Headington will produce with Tobey Maguire. I expect Sony to become the distributor on the project, though they say that hasn’t happened yet.
GK Snags Alien Invasion Novel '5th Wave'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Whips Past $300M At Worldwide Box Office
- Moviegoers Will ‘Get Out’ Of The House & Spend $26.5M-$28M On Jordan Peele’s Directorial Debut – Midday…
- Patty Freedman Dies: Theater Publicist & Actress Was 64
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Big $33M In China On First Day; Third Highest For Hollywood Film
- Amy Adams’ ‘Arrival’ Flies Past $100M; 3rd Oscar Best Picture Nominee To Hit Mark
- 'Bitter Harvest', ‘My Life As A Zucchini’ & ‘Dying Laughing’ Offer Oscar Weekend Alternatives – Specialty…