BREAKING: Director Jay Roach has moved from CAA to WME, joining his agent Dan Aloni. This comes at a time when the Roach-helmed Game Change clocked in as HBO’s highest-rated pic in eight years. Though not as high profile as Chris Nolan, Roach is a big get for WME and Aloni. He has been at the center of two huge franchises in Austin Powers and Meet The Parents. While known for comedy, he’s always had a yen for politics, and before the Sarah Palin-2008 presidential campaign drama Game Change he helmed HBO’s Recount, about the disputed presidential election results in Florida that decided the race between Al Gore and George W. Bush. Roach, who just helmed the political comedy The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, has several irons in the fire, including a Peter Landesman-scripted adaptation of the memoir written by Deep Throat FBI man Mark Felt at Universal and Playtone. Mike Myers (who joined Aloni yesterday) is also working on another Austin Powers, and presumably Roach would be involved since he helmed the first three hits. Roach is still repped by Mosaic.
'Game Change' Helmer Jay Roach Joins WME
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…