BREAKING: Director Jay Roach has moved from CAA to WME, joining his agent Dan Aloni. This comes at a time when the Roach-helmed Game Change clocked in as HBO’s highest-rated pic in eight years. Though not as high profile as Chris Nolan, Roach is a big get for WME and Aloni. He has been at the center of two huge franchises in Austin Powers and Meet The Parents. While known for comedy, he’s always had a yen for politics, and before the Sarah Palin-2008 presidential campaign drama Game Change he helmed HBO’s Recount, about the disputed presidential election results in Florida that decided the race between Al Gore and George W. Bush. Roach, who just helmed the political comedy The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis, has several irons in the fire, including a Peter Landesman-scripted adaptation of the memoir written by Deep Throat FBI man Mark Felt at Universal and Playtone. Mike Myers (who joined Aloni yesterday) is also working on another Austin Powers, and presumably Roach would be involved since he helmed the first three hits. Roach is still repped by Mosaic.
'Game Change' Helmer Jay Roach Joins WME
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema
- Tooley Entertainment Acquires ‘The Fight Before Christmas’ Out Of Broad Green Pictures