FX has greenlighted a new weekly half-hour late-night series executive produced by Chris Rock and starring standup comedian W. Kamau Bell. The network has ordered six episodes of the show — in which Bell will dissect politics, pop culture, race, religion, the media and sex — for a premiere this summer. FX’s EVP Original Programming Nick Grad said the series order was made after the network reviewed the project’s “terrific” presentation. “Kamau is a tremendous young comedian who has a very smart and sharp take on life,” Grad said. “Working with Chris will only bring out the best of his talents.” This is FX’s second late-night series order following the pickup of Russell Brand’s Strangely Uplifting, also for a summer premiere. The two shows “put FX on really solid footing in the late-night arena,” Grad said. The untitled Chris Rock/W. Kamau Bell series is produced by FX Prods, with Rock, Chuck Sklar, and Bell executive producing. “I think Kamau is one of the funniest guys out there and I can’t wait to work with the good people at FX,” Rock said. This marks ICM-repped Rock’s return to the late-night arena following his eponymous 1997 talk show, which ran on HBO for three seasons and earned a best writing Emmy.
FX Orders Late-Night Series Produced By Chris Rock And Starring W. Kamau Bell
What's Hot on Deadline
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- Elisabeth Moss To Star In Straight-To-Series Drama ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ On Hulu
- Joy Reid Takes Melissa Harris-Perry’s MSNBC Timeslot Starting May 7
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- PILOTS 2016: Pre-Screenings Buzz Edition
- Tony DiSanto’s DIGA Ups Tommy Coriale To General Manager, Sets ‘Jerky Boys’, Neil Strauss, Jay Sankey, Traci…
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Ratings Down, ‘Odd Couple’ & ‘The 100’ Rise, ‘Game Of Silence’ Even Against…