MundoFox, the Spanish-language TV network backed by Fox International Channels and Colombia’s RCN Television Group, has appointed Emiliano Saccone as president. He will oversee the broadcast network’s programming, acquisitions, affiliate relations, production and distribution. MundoFox, slated to launch in the fall, has locked in affiliates in 20 DMAs, representing over 40% of U.S. Hispanic households, and is targeting distribution in over 75% of U.S. Hispanic households by launch. Saccone comes from FIC where served as President of Entertainment and EVP Content for Fox International Channels. During his 13-year career at FIC, he is credited with shepherding the ratings growth of the division’s channels in Latin America, including Fox, National Geographic and FX to record ratings. Additionally, Saccone oversaw the production houses Fox Toma 1 and Fox Telecolombia, which produced such series as El Capo (RCN), Tabu (NatGeo), La Mariposa (Univision) and Mental (Fox), the only U.S. broadcast network series ever produced entirely in Latin America.
Fox's Upcoming Spanish-Language Network Hires President
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over