MundoFox, the Spanish-language TV network backed by Fox International Channels and Colombia’s RCN Television Group, has appointed Emiliano Saccone as president. He will oversee the broadcast network’s programming, acquisitions, affiliate relations, production and distribution. MundoFox, slated to launch in the fall, has locked in affiliates in 20 DMAs, representing over 40% of U.S. Hispanic households, and is targeting distribution in over 75% of U.S. Hispanic households by launch. Saccone comes from FIC where served as President of Entertainment and EVP Content for Fox International Channels. During his 13-year career at FIC, he is credited with shepherding the ratings growth of the division’s channels in Latin America, including Fox, National Geographic and FX to record ratings. Additionally, Saccone oversaw the production houses Fox Toma 1 and Fox Telecolombia, which produced such series as El Capo (RCN), Tabu (NatGeo), La Mariposa (Univision) and Mental (Fox), the only U.S. broadcast network series ever produced entirely in Latin America.
Fox's Upcoming Spanish-Language Network Hires President
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess