American Idol‘s performance shows will remain two-hour-long for the rest of the season. Fox was planning to switch to 90-minute Idol performance episodes starting April 4, followed by new episodes of I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The freshman comedy, which has been doing poorly as part of Fox’s two-hour Tuesday comedy block, will now come off the schedule after its final Tuesday 8:30 PM airing. The remaining original episodes will air in the summer, likely after the show has already been canceled.
Fox Sticks With Two-Hour 'Idol' Performance Shows, Pushes 'Daughter' To Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest TV News
- Peter Mayle Dies; ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Israeli Drama ‘In A Heartbeat’ & Irish Crime Thriller ‘Costigan’ Lead Berlin Co-Pro Lineup
- BBC Worldwide Content Chief Helen Jackson To Depart After 31 Years
- Sony Pictures Television Sets Up UK-Based Non-Scripted Label Human
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Freeform Unveils New Logo & “A Little Forward” Tagline