American Idol‘s performance shows will remain two-hour-long for the rest of the season. Fox was planning to switch to 90-minute Idol performance episodes starting April 4, followed by new episodes of I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The freshman comedy, which has been doing poorly as part of Fox’s two-hour Tuesday comedy block, will now come off the schedule after its final Tuesday 8:30 PM airing. The remaining original episodes will air in the summer, likely after the show has already been canceled.
Fox Sticks With Two-Hour 'Idol' Performance Shows, Pushes 'Daughter' To Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA