American Idol‘s performance shows will remain two-hour-long for the rest of the season. Fox was planning to switch to 90-minute Idol performance episodes starting April 4, followed by new episodes of I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The freshman comedy, which has been doing poorly as part of Fox’s two-hour Tuesday comedy block, will now come off the schedule after its final Tuesday 8:30 PM airing. The remaining original episodes will air in the summer, likely after the show has already been canceled.
Fox Sticks With Two-Hour 'Idol' Performance Shows, Pushes 'Daughter' To Summer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'