American Idol‘s performance shows will remain two-hour-long for the rest of the season. Fox was planning to switch to 90-minute Idol performance episodes starting April 4, followed by new episodes of I Hate My Teenage Daughter. The freshman comedy, which has been doing poorly as part of Fox’s two-hour Tuesday comedy block, will now come off the schedule after its final Tuesday 8:30 PM airing. The remaining original episodes will air in the summer, likely after the show has already been canceled.
Fox Sticks With Two-Hour 'Idol' Performance Shows, Pushes 'Daughter' To Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres