The two companies will split rights for The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, with Red Flag handling theatrical distribution while Fox Searchlight takes all other ancillary markets. Produced by Stephanie Langhoff, the film written and directed by Jay and Mark Duplass will have its world premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival on Sunday. Pentathlon, which will open theatrically in June, centers on two grown brothers who rekindle their uber-competitive childhood sporting event during a weekend family reunion in order to finally determine the ultimate winner. Steve Zissis, Mark Kelly, and Jennifer Lafleur star. Josh Braun of Submarine negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Paul Federbush for Red Flag, and EVP Worldwide Acquisitions Tony Safford on behalf of Fox Searchlight Pictures.
Fox Searchlight & Red Flag Buy Duplass Brothers' 'The Do-Deca-Pentathlon': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest Film News
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’