The two companies will split rights for The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, with Red Flag handling theatrical distribution while Fox Searchlight takes all other ancillary markets. Produced by Stephanie Langhoff, the film written and directed by Jay and Mark Duplass will have its world premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival on Sunday. Pentathlon, which will open theatrically in June, centers on two grown brothers who rekindle their uber-competitive childhood sporting event during a weekend family reunion in order to finally determine the ultimate winner. Steve Zissis, Mark Kelly, and Jennifer Lafleur star. Josh Braun of Submarine negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Paul Federbush for Red Flag, and EVP Worldwide Acquisitions Tony Safford on behalf of Fox Searchlight Pictures.
Fox Searchlight & Red Flag Buy Duplass Brothers' 'The Do-Deca-Pentathlon': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief