The two companies will split rights for The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, with Red Flag handling theatrical distribution while Fox Searchlight takes all other ancillary markets. Produced by Stephanie Langhoff, the film written and directed by Jay and Mark Duplass will have its world premiere at the 2012 SXSW Film Festival on Sunday. Pentathlon, which will open theatrically in June, centers on two grown brothers who rekindle their uber-competitive childhood sporting event during a weekend family reunion in order to finally determine the ultimate winner. Steve Zissis, Mark Kelly, and Jennifer Lafleur star. Josh Braun of Submarine negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers with Paul Federbush for Red Flag, and EVP Worldwide Acquisitions Tony Safford on behalf of Fox Searchlight Pictures.
Fox Searchlight & Red Flag Buy Duplass Brothers' 'The Do-Deca-Pentathlon': SXSW
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension