No down-to-the-wire renewal for Bones this time — Fox has given an early eighth-season pickup to the procedural dramedy. “Over the past seven seasons, Hart Hanson, Stephen Nathan and the incredible Bones cast and crew have redefined the traditional crime procedural with an irreverent and adventurous sensibility and I’m really happy to have this distinctive, fan-favorite on our schedule for another season,” Fox entertainment president Kevin Reilly said. Bones returns to the schedule on a new night this coming Monday. While Fox has had hard-fought negotiations with Bones producer 20th Century Fox TV in the past, with House gone, Terra Nova cancelled and Alcatraz and The Finder unlikely to return, Fox moved in quickly this time to secure its strongest utility player.
Fox's 'Bones' Renewed For Eighth Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21