In its second week on the air, Fox News Channel‘s Fox And Friends First, the new 5 AM hour of the Fox And Friends morning show, averaged 146,000 viewers in the key TV news demographic of adults 25-54 from 3/11-3/16. Given Fox News’ across-the-board ratings strength, it is not surprising that Fox And Friends First beat its news network competition in the hour. But somewhat surprisingly, the 5 AM show also topped most of CNN‘s evening programs last week, including John King USA (117,000) at 6 PM, Erin Burnett Outfront (126,000) at 7 PM and Piers Morgan Tonight (133,000) at 10 PM. The only CNN early fringe/primetime show to edge Fox And Frends First was tentpole Anderson 360 (156,000) by a small margin. This is not the first time CNN’s primetime lineup has been beaten by overnight Fox News show. In October, Fox News’ 3 AM program Red Eye topped both Piers Morgan and Erin Burnett Outfront in the demo.
Fox News' New 5 AM Show Tops Most Of CNN's Evening Lineup In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest TV News
- ‘Thursday Night Football’ Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy’s Parade Steady, ‘Young Sheldon…
- Al Franken: “Committed To Regaining Trust”; More Comment Expected Sunday
- Matt Berry Reveals British Comedy ‘Toast Of London’ Is To Return
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig