In its second week on the air, Fox News Channel‘s Fox And Friends First, the new 5 AM hour of the Fox And Friends morning show, averaged 146,000 viewers in the key TV news demographic of adults 25-54 from 3/11-3/16. Given Fox News’ across-the-board ratings strength, it is not surprising that Fox And Friends First beat its news network competition in the hour. But somewhat surprisingly, the 5 AM show also topped most of CNN‘s evening programs last week, including John King USA (117,000) at 6 PM, Erin Burnett Outfront (126,000) at 7 PM and Piers Morgan Tonight (133,000) at 10 PM. The only CNN early fringe/primetime show to edge Fox And Frends First was tentpole Anderson 360 (156,000) by a small margin. This is not the first time CNN’s primetime lineup has been beaten by overnight Fox News show. In October, Fox News’ 3 AM program Red Eye topped both Piers Morgan and Erin Burnett Outfront in the demo.
Fox News' New 5 AM Show Tops Most Of CNN's Evening Lineup In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘LA Crime’, Holly Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'