In its second week on the air, Fox News Channel‘s Fox And Friends First, the new 5 AM hour of the Fox And Friends morning show, averaged 146,000 viewers in the key TV news demographic of adults 25-54 from 3/11-3/16. Given Fox News’ across-the-board ratings strength, it is not surprising that Fox And Friends First beat its news network competition in the hour. But somewhat surprisingly, the 5 AM show also topped most of CNN‘s evening programs last week, including John King USA (117,000) at 6 PM, Erin Burnett Outfront (126,000) at 7 PM and Piers Morgan Tonight (133,000) at 10 PM. The only CNN early fringe/primetime show to edge Fox And Frends First was tentpole Anderson 360 (156,000) by a small margin. This is not the first time CNN’s primetime lineup has been beaten by overnight Fox News show. In October, Fox News’ 3 AM program Red Eye topped both Piers Morgan and Erin Burnett Outfront in the demo.
Fox News' New 5 AM Show Tops Most Of CNN's Evening Lineup In Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres