Fox has announced its summer original slate, which looks a lot like last year’s, with So You Think You Can Dance and Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen and Masterchef all returning. They will be joined by Ramsay’s newest series Hotel Hell, originally slated for a spring run in the Friday 8 PM slot but pushed to summer to make room for The Finder, which was relocated from Thursdays to Fridays. Fox also made the format change for Dance official, scheduling the summer staple once a week and canceling the results show. The show’s co-creator/executive producer/judge Nigel Lythgoe announced the news back in January. Dance will kick off its ninth season with a two-hour premiere on Thursday, May 24, the night following the end of the broadcast season and the season finale of American Idol. It will move to its regular Wednesday 8-10 PM slot the following week. Host Cat Deeley and resident judges Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Murphy are back, along with guest judges Adam Shankman, Debbie Allen, Tyce Diorio, Lil’ C, Stacey Tookey and Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Hell’s Kitchen will return for its 10th season on Tuesday, May 29, paired once again with Masterchef. Beginning on June 4, Hell’s Kitchen will also air originals Mondays at 9 PM, following newbie Hotel Hell.
Fox Announces Summer Premiere Dates, Scales Back 'Dance' To Once A Week
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'