The CW‘s pilot Arrow just released the first image of star Stephen Amell as (Green) Arrow. The suit was designed by three-time Oscar-winning costume designer and frequent Tim Burton collaborator Colleen Atwood (Alice In Wonderland). The project, written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, is based on the DC character and centers on former billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Amell) who, after being marooned for five years on a remote island, returns with a mysterious agenda and a lethal set of new skills that he uses in a war on crime. David Nutter, who also helmed the pilot for the Superman-themed series Smallville, is directing Arrow. “When I directed the pilot for Smallville, I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero,” Nutter said. “Arrow is a different show — darker and harder-edged — but it’s the same core idea. We’re creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things. Colleen Atwood’s great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort.” Berlanti, Guggenheim, Kreisberg and Nutter are executive producing the pilot for Warner Bros and Berlanti Prods. (Click on the image for larger view)
First Image Of Superhero From 'Arrow' Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Exiting Fox News Analyst Blasts Network As "Propaganda Machine" For "Ethically Ruinous Administration"
Latest TV News
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- Nick Weidenfeld Inks First-Look Animation Deal With Hulu