The CW‘s pilot Arrow just released the first image of star Stephen Amell as (Green) Arrow. The suit was designed by three-time Oscar-winning costume designer and frequent Tim Burton collaborator Colleen Atwood (Alice In Wonderland). The project, written by Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg, is based on the DC character and centers on former billionaire playboy Oliver Queen (Amell) who, after being marooned for five years on a remote island, returns with a mysterious agenda and a lethal set of new skills that he uses in a war on crime. David Nutter, who also helmed the pilot for the Superman-themed series Smallville, is directing Arrow. “When I directed the pilot for Smallville, I knew that making Clark Kent relatable would be the key to audiences believing in him as a hero,” Nutter said. “Arrow is a different show — darker and harder-edged — but it’s the same core idea. We’re creating a real, believable world in which Oliver Queen can do incredible things. Colleen Atwood’s great work on the Arrow costume reflects that effort.” Berlanti, Guggenheim, Kreisberg and Nutter are executive producing the pilot for Warner Bros and Berlanti Prods. (Click on the image for larger view)
First Image Of Superhero From 'Arrow' Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup