Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- ITV Sees Strong Growth In 2014 Revenues; Production Arm At Nearly £1B
- Emily Watson Joins Ian McKellen & Anthony Hopkins In ‘The Dresser’ For BBC/Starz
- Inspired By Slow TV, BBC4 To Air Canal Boat Trip, Making Of A Wooden Chair
- ‘Jasmine’ Trailer: Hong Kong Film Festival Pic Looks To Thrill
- BAFTA, China Ink Scholarship Deal; Mel Brooks Bringing His Act To The UK
- ‘Focus’ Improves Upon Estimates; ‘Marigold Hotel’ Still Pretty – Intl B.O. Monday Update