Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Elisabeth Murdoch To Leave Shine After Endemol-Core Merger
- Clémence Poésy, David Morrissey Ascend 'The Ones Below' From 'Hanna' Scribe David Farr
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Disney's 'Aladdin' Musical Headed To Japan; Steve McQueen Set For European Film Academy Honor; More
- Int'l Box Office Update: 'The Equalizer' Clocks $19M In Debut; 'Maze Runner' Races To $92.3M; 'Gone Girl' On Deck; More
- 'Downton Abbey' UK Ratings: Overnights Decline, But Don't Tell Whole Story
- Roland Emmerich's 'Stonewall' Sells To Warner Bros Germany In 1st Major Deal