Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Wins Top Film Prizes; 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Top TV - Complete Winners List
Latest Film News
- Richard Schickel, Time Magazine Film Critic, Dies at 84
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Wins Top Film Prizes; ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Top TV – Complete…
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 2: Emma Stone, Matt Damon, Natalie Portman, Justin Timberlake & More
- 'I Am Not Your Negro' Tops $3.2M, 'Everybody Loves Somebody' Opens at $1M – Specialty Box Office
- Mark Duplass Urges Oscar Win For Barry Jenkins’ ‘Moonlight’