Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: 'Top Gear' Hosts Attacked In Argentina Over License Plate; Samantha Glynne Named VP Branded Entertainment…
- Luc Besson's EuropaCorp Closes $450M Credit Facility, Triples Financing Ability
- Joshua Oppenheimer's 'The Look Of Silence' Documentary: Hot Trailer
- BAFTA Names Emma Baehr To New Director Of Awards Post
- China Format 'Sing My Song' Going Wide With Universal Music & ITV Studios Global
- BBC & Red Planet Form Pact; Gal-Raday Named At ProSiebenSat:Global Briefs