Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Caleb Deschanel To Receive AFI’s 25th Franklin J. Schaffner Medal
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Bold Films’ ‘Shot Caller’ & Netflix’s ‘Special Correspondent’
- Brittany Ishibashi Kicks Up ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2′; Jonathan Bailey Joins Donald Crowhurst Pic
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen’ To Be Rebooted By Fox
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Slightly Better In Actuals, But Memorial Day Frame Was Still A Downer – Tuesday B.O. Update