Exclusive Media has sealed a deal with the UK’s Dogwoof on the Dan Lindsay and T.J. Martin-directed Oscar-winning documentary Undefeated. The film caused a stir at the Oscars when Martin uttered a swear word during his acceptance speech (the delay button caught it — he later apologized). The doc focuses on three underprivileged student athletes and the volunteer coach who guides them through a football season in North Memphis. Hip hop impresario Sean Combs boarded the film as an executive producer in February, just ahead of the Oscars. Exclusive’s documentary arm Spitfire Pictures and Zipper Bros Films produced the pic in association with Level 22 and Five Smooth Stones Productions. The Weinstein Co released Undefeated in the U.S. on February 17. Sales have also been concluded in Australia (Madman), Latin America (CDC) and Israel (United King) among others.
Exclusive Closes Raft Of International Sales On Oscar Doc 'Undefeated'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- WGA Ratifies New Film & TV Contract
- Manchester Attack Updates: Six Arrested, Ariana Grande Suspends Tour & Tom Hardy Launches Fundraiser For Victims
- ICM Partners Ups Rich Green To Head Of Media Rights; Plumps Department
- Woody Harrelson’s One-Night, One-Take, Live Directorial Gamble Pays Off – Deadline Disruptors
- ‘The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride…
- Annapurna To Jump Start France, Italy, Japan Output Deals With ‘Detroit’ – Cannes