While Desperate Housewives is coming to an end, star Eva Longoria is staying in business with ABC, ABC Studios and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Longoria is joining the ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids, which like Desperate Housewives is a soap with four female leads, as an executive producer. Written by Cherry based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Longoria will executive produce alongside Cherry, Sabrina Wind, Paul Presburger, David Lonner, Larry Shuman, John Mass and Michael Garcia. In addition to her acting career, Longoria, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Brad Small, has been active behind the camera as a producer, setting several series projects over the past few years though her company Unbelievable Entertainment. This marks the first pilot she is executive producing.
Eva Longoria Joins ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres