While Desperate Housewives is coming to an end, star Eva Longoria is staying in business with ABC, ABC Studios and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Longoria is joining the ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids, which like Desperate Housewives is a soap with four female leads, as an executive producer. Written by Cherry based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Longoria will executive produce alongside Cherry, Sabrina Wind, Paul Presburger, David Lonner, Larry Shuman, John Mass and Michael Garcia. In addition to her acting career, Longoria, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Brad Small, has been active behind the camera as a producer, setting several series projects over the past few years though her company Unbelievable Entertainment. This marks the first pilot she is executive producing.
Eva Longoria Joins ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’ – Global…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President