While Desperate Housewives is coming to an end, star Eva Longoria is staying in business with ABC, ABC Studios and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Longoria is joining the ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids, which like Desperate Housewives is a soap with four female leads, as an executive producer. Written by Cherry based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Longoria will executive produce alongside Cherry, Sabrina Wind, Paul Presburger, David Lonner, Larry Shuman, John Mass and Michael Garcia. In addition to her acting career, Longoria, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Brad Small, has been active behind the camera as a producer, setting several series projects over the past few years though her company Unbelievable Entertainment. This marks the first pilot she is executive producing.
Eva Longoria Joins ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' As Executive Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- Last Day On The Job For Animation Guild's Steve Hulett, Hollywood’s Longest-Serving Union Leader
- ‘Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ Trailer No. 2: No Happy Endings Here
- ‘Victoria’s Secret’ Ratings Hit New Low, ‘Monday Night Football’ Tackled
- YouTube & Blumhouse TV Team For ’12 Deadly Days’ Horror-Comedy Series
- Syfy Orders ‘Superstition’ Series From Mario Van Peebles & XLrator Media
- ‘Libby & Malcolm’ Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman & Courtney Vance Gets ABC Pilot Order