While Desperate Housewives is coming to an end, star Eva Longoria is staying in business with ABC, ABC Studios and Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Longoria is joining the ABC/ABC Studios pilot Devious Maids, which like Desperate Housewives is a soap with four female leads, as an executive producer. Written by Cherry based on the Mexican format, Devious Maids follows four maids (Ana Ortiz, Dania Ramirez, Roselyn Sanchez, Judy Reyes) with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Longoria will executive produce alongside Cherry, Sabrina Wind, Paul Presburger, David Lonner, Larry Shuman, John Mass and Michael Garcia. In addition to her acting career, Longoria, repped by CAA, Brillstein Entertainment and attorney Brad Small, has been active behind the camera as a producer, setting several series projects over the past few years though her company Unbelievable Entertainment. This marks the first pilot she is executive producing.
Eva Longoria Joins ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids' As Executive Producer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce