Entertainment One has teamed with NYPD Blue co-creator Steven Bochco for his next straight-to-series drama project, Evolution. Created and written by Bochco and Bryan Law and to be produced by eOne in association with Steven Bochco Prods, Evolution is set 3 million years in the future where Social Darwinism is born once more. A discovery by a tribe of Homo sapiens is about to change the world — a Box that offers the whole of human knowledge has been unearthed and the meekest of the group, The Boy, is first to interpret its lessons. Bochco will executive produce with eOne’s John Morayniss and Michael Rosenberg, with Law serving as supervising producer. eOne will handle worldwide sales and is taking the project to MipTV, which starts this weekend. “I look forward to exploring the mysteries of humanity and the secrets of the universe with eOne,” Bochco said. “John, Michael, Peter (Emerson) and the entire eOne team have become leaders in the independent television community.” eOne’s direct-to-series orders have included Rookie Blue for ABC and Canada’s Shaw, Syfy’s Haven, The Firm for NBC and Shaw and most recently Saving Hope for NBC and CTV.
eOne Partners With Steven Bochco For Futuristic Drama Series 'Evolution'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest TV News
- Wayne Crawford Dies; Actor, Writer & Producer Co-Scripted ‘Valley Girl’
- TV Upfronts 2016 Schedule: NBC, ESPN & Fox Consolidate Events; CBS At The Plaza
- White House Comes To Larry Wilmore’s Rescue Over Correspondents’ Dinner Speech Controversy
- Actress Bella Thorne Signs With CAA
- Oprah Winfrey To Star In HBO Films’ ‘The Immortal Life Of Henrietta Lacks’
- ‘The Preachers’ Gets Summer Test Run On Fox Television Stations