Open Road’s deal last month to distribute the cop drama written and directed by David Ayer included a 2,000-screen rollout, a minimum guarantee just north of $2 million and a $20 million P&A commitment. Now the distributor has set a release date for the film that stars Jake Gyllenhaal (who’s also executive producing), Michael Pena and Anna Kendrick: September 28, 2012. The movie, from Exclusive Media in association with Emmett/Furla Films, centers on a pair of LAPD cops (Gyllenhaal and Pena) and is told via footage from the handheld cameras of the officers, gang members, surveillance cameras, and citizens caught in the line of fire. Ayer’s Crave Films, John Lesher under his Le Grisbi Prods, and Nigel Sinclair and Matt Jackson of Exclusive Media are producers. Exclusive financed with Emmett/Furla Films.
'End Of Watch' Release Set For Sept. 28
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner