Disney and DreamWorks have set a June 29 release date for People Like Us, the film previously known as Welcome To People. Starring Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde, Elizabeth Banks and Michelle Pfeiffer, the dramatic comedy marks the directing debut by Alex Kurtzman, who wrote the screenplay with his partner Roberto Orci, as well as Jody Lambert. Pine plays a man who returns home after his estranged dad’s death, and uncovers a family secret. Pine is currently shooting the next Star Trek feature, which Kurtzman and Orci wrote.
Disney/DreamWorks' 'Welcome To People' Gets New Title, Release Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin