It seems so: Yesterday LA-based exec Joe Lewis — a former director of production at 20th Century Fox and former executive at Comedy Central’s series Tosh.0 — briefly changed his LinkedIn profile citing his occupation as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon,” Fortune magazine says. Good thing the publication nabbed a screen shot. Lewis changed his title to “Vice President, Production at Amazon Studios” shortly after a reporter called to ask what’s up. The apparent slip is interesting because Amazon hasn’t formally said that it plans to produce its own shows. But it’s no surprise: Amazon recently advertised to hire someone to oversee original productions, website GigaOm reported last month.
Did Amazon Exec Give Away Its TV Production Plan?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy’s Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick…
- ‘Star Trek’ TV Series: Bryan Fuller To Serve As Showrunner
- Sundance’s ‘Other People’ Breakout JJ Totah Inks With WME
- Bill Cosby Wins Dismissal Of Janice Dickinson’s Amended Defamation Complaint; Marty Singer Dropped From Case
- Amy Poehler/Charlie Grandy NBC Comedy Pilot Casts Nico Evers-Swindell, Tim Baltz
- Nina Lederman Joins All3Media America As Head Of Scripted Programming