It seems so: Yesterday LA-based exec Joe Lewis — a former director of production at 20th Century Fox and former executive at Comedy Central’s series Tosh.0 — briefly changed his LinkedIn profile citing his occupation as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon,” Fortune magazine says. Good thing the publication nabbed a screen shot. Lewis changed his title to “Vice President, Production at Amazon Studios” shortly after a reporter called to ask what’s up. The apparent slip is interesting because Amazon hasn’t formally said that it plans to produce its own shows. But it’s no surprise: Amazon recently advertised to hire someone to oversee original productions, website GigaOm reported last month.
Did Amazon Exec Give Away Its TV Production Plan?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Hit Another New Low, 'Hairspray Live!' Equals Live Low Of 2014's 'Peter Pan' For NBC
Latest TV News
- Gayle King Deal Keeps Her On ‘CBS This Morning’
- Altice Explores IPO To Sell Minority Stake In U.S. Cable Operation
- ‘Empire’ Ratings Hit Another New Low, ‘Hairspray Live!’ Equals Live Low Of 2014’s ‘Peter Pan…
- Cartoon Network Ups Curtis LeLash & Tramm Wigzell To SVP Original Series
- ‘The View’ Losing Candace Cameron Bure
- Verizon Taps Erin McPherson As Head Of Content Strategy & Programming