It seems so: Yesterday LA-based exec Joe Lewis — a former director of production at 20th Century Fox and former executive at Comedy Central’s series Tosh.0 — briefly changed his LinkedIn profile citing his occupation as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon,” Fortune magazine says. Good thing the publication nabbed a screen shot. Lewis changed his title to “Vice President, Production at Amazon Studios” shortly after a reporter called to ask what’s up. The apparent slip is interesting because Amazon hasn’t formally said that it plans to produce its own shows. But it’s no surprise: Amazon recently advertised to hire someone to oversee original productions, website GigaOm reported last month.
Did Amazon Exec Give Away Its TV Production Plan?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Charter Ready To Go After Time Warner Cable If Comcast Deal Falls
- NBC Smiles At Plan To Create Subscription Web Service For Comedy
- Discovery CEO Warns Cable Ops: Develop TV Everywhere, Or Else
- Movie Superheroes Will Pummel One Another’s Ticket Sales – Analyst
- Nielsen Reasserts Its Local TV Ratings Clout With New Tribune Deal