It seems so: Yesterday LA-based exec Joe Lewis — a former director of production at 20th Century Fox and former executive at Comedy Central’s series Tosh.0 — briefly changed his LinkedIn profile citing his occupation as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon,” Fortune magazine says. Good thing the publication nabbed a screen shot. Lewis changed his title to “Vice President, Production at Amazon Studios” shortly after a reporter called to ask what’s up. The apparent slip is interesting because Amazon hasn’t formally said that it plans to produce its own shows. But it’s no surprise: Amazon recently advertised to hire someone to oversee original productions, website GigaOm reported last month.
Did Amazon Exec Give Away Its TV Production Plan?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ’19 Kids & Counting’ Yanked In Wake Of Child Molestation Accusations
- Ava DuVernay & Eli Roth Added To PGA’s Produced By Conference
- ‘Wayward Pines’ Ratings Rise, ‘500 Questions’ Down, NBA Playoffs Up For ESPN
- LA Screenings: Which Were The Hot Titles
- ‘Serial Thriller’ Trailer: ID’s First Original Scripted Drama Tracks A Sadistic Killer
- ‘Mad Men’ Series Finale Hits Viewership & 25-54 Highs In Live+3 Results