It seems so: Yesterday LA-based exec Joe Lewis — a former director of production at 20th Century Fox and former executive at Comedy Central’s series Tosh.0 — briefly changed his LinkedIn profile citing his occupation as “Vice-President of Original Television at Amazon,” Fortune magazine says. Good thing the publication nabbed a screen shot. Lewis changed his title to “Vice President, Production at Amazon Studios” shortly after a reporter called to ask what’s up. The apparent slip is interesting because Amazon hasn’t formally said that it plans to produce its own shows. But it’s no surprise: Amazon recently advertised to hire someone to oversee original productions, website GigaOm reported last month.
Did Amazon Exec Give Away Its TV Production Plan?
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Gets No Smiles From Tyranny Expert: “I’m Not Going To Laugh At Any Of That”
- WGA “Broke Off Negotiations,” Producers Claim As Strike Vote Looms
- WGA Negotiators Call For Strike-Authorization Vote – Read The Letter
- NABET Members Voting On New ABC Contract
- ‘Inside the FBI: New York’: First Promo & Premiere Date For Dick Wolf’s USA Network Docuseries
- Fox News Fires Its Longtime Comptroller