EXCLUSIVE: Denise Richards is staying on blue. The Blue Mountain State star has joined the cast of the Lifetime movie Blue Lagoon, a the coming-of-age love story and remake of the 1980 romance/adventure movie starring Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins. The telefilm, distributed by Sony TV, stars young Australian actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites as classmates Emma and Dane, who become marooned on a tropical island. Richards will play Barbara Petersen, a successful and devoted mom who tirelessly searches for her daughter. Additionally, Atkins is returning for a cameo in the film executive produced by Neil Meron, Craig Zadan and Judith Verno. Richards, repped by ICM and KLWGN, just wrapped a starring role in Tyler Perry’s Medea’s Witness Protection and has been recurring on 30 Rock. Atkins, who earned a Golden Globe nomination for his role in the original Blue Lagoon, is about to film the indie Unbelievable. He is with Don Carroll Entertainment.
Denise Richards To Co-Star In 'Blue Lagoon' Reboot, Christopher Atkins To Make Cameo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'