EXCLUSIVE: Denise Richards is staying on blue. The Blue Mountain State star has joined the cast of the Lifetime movie Blue Lagoon, a the coming-of-age love story and remake of the 1980 romance/adventure movie starring Brooke Shields and Christopher Atkins. The telefilm, distributed by Sony TV, stars young Australian actors Indiana Evans and Brenton Thwaites as classmates Emma and Dane, who become marooned on a tropical island. Richards will play Barbara Petersen, a successful and devoted mom who tirelessly searches for her daughter. Additionally, Atkins is returning for a cameo in the film executive produced by Neil Meron, Craig Zadan and Judith Verno. Richards, repped by ICM and KLWGN, just wrapped a starring role in Tyler Perry’s Medea’s Witness Protection and has been recurring on 30 Rock. Atkins, who earned a Golden Globe nomination for his role in the original Blue Lagoon, is about to film the indie Unbelievable. He is with Don Carroll Entertainment.
Denise Richards To Co-Star In 'Blue Lagoon' Reboot, Christopher Atkins To Make Cameo
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Gemma Arterton To Play Marilyn Monroe In ‘Some Like It Hot’ Comedy
- BBC Launches Review To “Sweep Away” Barriers For Women At The Corporation
- Fusion Exposes Global Food Truths In Lightbox-Produced Doc Series
- Mam Tor, Bad Wolf & Ecosse Thrillers Top Inaugural Brit List: TV
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot