EXCLUSIVE: Craig Horner, star of cult syndicated fantasy series Legend Of The Seeker, is set as the leading man in another potential dual-reality drama series. The Australian actor will play the title character in the CW drama pilot Joey Dakota. Based on the Israeli format Danny Hollywood, the romantic-time-travel-musical centers on Maya (Amber Stevens), a documentary filmmaker making a film about Joey Dakota, a rock star who met an untimely death in the 1990s. She travels back in time to the 1990s where she meets and falls in love with Joey and when she unexpectedly returns to present day, she must find her way back to the past to reunite with her love and prevent his death. This marks APA-repped Horner’s first gig since the end of Legend of The Seeker in 2010. The pilot was written by Bert Royal, with CBS TV Studios and Harmon/Tannenbaum producing.
'Legend Of The Seeker' Star Craig Horner Is CW's 'Joey Dakota', Lands Title Role In Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest TV News
- Broadcast Series Renewals & Cancellations: The List So Far
- ‘Vida’ Showrunner Tanya Saracho Inks Overall Deal With Starz
- ‘The Bisexual’ Casts; Portugal Offers $3.5M Incentives; ITV Eyes More ‘Full Monty’ – Global Briefs
- ‘Grand Hotel’: Roselyn Sanchez To Star In ABC Drama Pilot, Ken Olin To Direct
- Donald Trump Touts NRA Plan To Arm Teachers At CPAC
- Netflix Gets Makeover With Property Original ‘Amazing On The Inside’