EXCLUSIVE: Craig Horner, star of cult syndicated fantasy series Legend Of The Seeker, is set as the leading man in another potential dual-reality drama series. The Australian actor will play the title character in the CW drama pilot Joey Dakota. Based on the Israeli format Danny Hollywood, the romantic-time-travel-musical centers on Maya (Amber Stevens), a documentary filmmaker making a film about Joey Dakota, a rock star who met an untimely death in the 1990s. She travels back in time to the 1990s where she meets and falls in love with Joey and when she unexpectedly returns to present day, she must find her way back to the past to reunite with her love and prevent his death. This marks APA-repped Horner’s first gig since the end of Legend of The Seeker in 2010. The pilot was written by Bert Royal, with CBS TV Studios and Harmon/Tannenbaum producing.
'Legend Of The Seeker' Star Craig Horner Is CW's 'Joey Dakota', Lands Title Role In Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book