EXCLUSIVE: Former Friends executive producer Wil Calhoun has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. This marks Calhoun’s return to the studio where he was under overall deals from 2004-08. “Wil is a talented writer with a Southern upbringing which adds a distinct voice to his work,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He has also both mainstream single-camera and multi-camera experience.” In addition to his five-year stint on the NBC/Warner Bros TV hit comedy Friends, Calhoun co-created/executive produced another multicamera comedy series for Warner Bros, the WB’s What I Like About You. UTA-repped Calhoun’s single-camera comedy experience includes Sons & Daughters, which he worked for while at NBC Universal. For the past several years, he has been developing projects and consulting on shows.
Comedy Writer-Producer Wil Calhoun Signs Overall Deal WIth Universal Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report