EXCLUSIVE: Former Friends executive producer Wil Calhoun has signed a two-year overall deal with Universal Television. This marks Calhoun’s return to the studio where he was under overall deals from 2004-08. “Wil is a talented writer with a Southern upbringing which adds a distinct voice to his work,” Universal TV EVP Bela Bajaria said. “He has also both mainstream single-camera and multi-camera experience.” In addition to his five-year stint on the NBC/Warner Bros TV hit comedy Friends, Calhoun co-created/executive produced another multicamera comedy series for Warner Bros, the WB’s What I Like About You. UTA-repped Calhoun’s single-camera comedy experience includes Sons & Daughters, which he worked for while at NBC Universal. For the past several years, he has been developing projects and consulting on shows.
Comedy Writer-Producer Wil Calhoun Signs Overall Deal WIth Universal Television
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'