EXCLUSIVE: Lisa Leingang, SVP Original Programming and Development for Comedy Central, has been let go after two and a half years on the job. I’ve learned that Leingang’s contact was not renewed. Based in New York, Leingang oversaw development and production of Comedy Central pilots and series based on the east coast and was executive in charge of production for the network’s The Colbert Report. Leingang was hired in 2009 by Comedy Central’s previous head of original programming Lauren Corrao. Since Corrao’s departure, she had been reporting to her successor, Kent Alterman. Before joining Comedy Central, Leingang spent four years as VP, primetime programming and development at CBS Entertainment and seven years at NBC and its sister studio holding a number of development and producing positions.
Comedy Central SVP Lisa Leingang Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- CMT President Brian Philips To Depart After 16 Years At the Viacom Network
- Primary Wave Adds Trio To Management Ranks
- Joel Zadak Makes Partner At Principato-Young Entertainment
- Fox’s Sky Acquisition: How Do Today’s Findings Affect Proposed Deal?
- ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Trailer: “Nothing Can Keep Us From Being Free”
- President Donald Trump Sets New Low With Sexist Twitter Attack On Mika Brzezinski