EXCLUSIVE: Lisa Leingang, SVP Original Programming and Development for Comedy Central, has been let go after two and a half years on the job. I’ve learned that Leingang’s contact was not renewed. Based in New York, Leingang oversaw development and production of Comedy Central pilots and series based on the east coast and was executive in charge of production for the network’s The Colbert Report. Leingang was hired in 2009 by Comedy Central’s previous head of original programming Lauren Corrao. Since Corrao’s departure, she had been reporting to her successor, Kent Alterman. Before joining Comedy Central, Leingang spent four years as VP, primetime programming and development at CBS Entertainment and seven years at NBC and its sister studio holding a number of development and producing positions.
Comedy Central SVP Lisa Leingang Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Baskets’ Renewed For Fourth Season By FX
- Donald Trump Pardons Jack Johnson While Taking Swing At Obama
- ‘Twin Peaks’ FYC Marathon Set On Showtime
- The Daily Beast Editor Jon Avlon Joins CNN As Full-Time Senior Political Analyst
- Morgan Freeman On Accusations: “I Apologize To Anyone Who Felt Uncomfortable Or Disrespected”
- Celtics Win Scores Top Ratings Spot For ESPN, ‘Empire’ Season Finale Aces Big 4 Battle