EXCLUSIVE: Lisa Leingang, SVP Original Programming and Development for Comedy Central, has been let go after two and a half years on the job. I’ve learned that Leingang’s contact was not renewed. Based in New York, Leingang oversaw development and production of Comedy Central pilots and series based on the east coast and was executive in charge of production for the network’s The Colbert Report. Leingang was hired in 2009 by Comedy Central’s previous head of original programming Lauren Corrao. Since Corrao’s departure, she had been reporting to her successor, Kent Alterman. Before joining Comedy Central, Leingang spent four years as VP, primetime programming and development at CBS Entertainment and seven years at NBC and its sister studio holding a number of development and producing positions.
Comedy Central SVP Lisa Leingang Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Latest TV News
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes, Threatens Others