EXCLUSIVE: Lisa Leingang, SVP Original Programming and Development for Comedy Central, has been let go after two and a half years on the job. I’ve learned that Leingang’s contact was not renewed. Based in New York, Leingang oversaw development and production of Comedy Central pilots and series based on the east coast and was executive in charge of production for the network’s The Colbert Report. Leingang was hired in 2009 by Comedy Central’s previous head of original programming Lauren Corrao. Since Corrao’s departure, she had been reporting to her successor, Kent Alterman. Before joining Comedy Central, Leingang spent four years as VP, primetime programming and development at CBS Entertainment and seven years at NBC and its sister studio holding a number of development and producing positions.
Comedy Central SVP Lisa Leingang Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed