The German Film Academy has announced nominations for its Lola awards, the country’s equivalent to the Oscar. Christian Petzold’s Barbara, the story of an East German doctor transferred to the countryside in 1980, scored eight nods, while Roland Emmerich’s controversial Shakespeare film Anonymous and Andreas Dresen’s Cannes Un Certain Regard title Stopped On Track took seven each. All three are in the best picture category along with Tim Fehlbaum’s Emmerich-produced post-apocalyptic thriller Hell; Christian Zübert’s Three Quarter Moon, about a curmudgeonly taxi driver and a precocious little girl; and David Wnendt’s neo-Nazi picture Combat Girls. Petzold won the best director prize in Berlin last month for Barbara and is nominated in that category along with Dresen and Hans Weingartner for Hut In The Woods. Vying for best actress are Sandra Hüller for Above Us Only Sky, Steffi Kühnert for Stopped On Track and Alina Levshin for Combat Girls. In the best actor race are Milan Peschel for Stopped On Track, Peter Schneider for Hut In The Woods and Ronald Zehrfeld for Barbara. Recent Lola best picture winners include heartwarming roadtrip comedy Vincent Wants To See and Michael Haneke’s The White Ribbon. This year’s Lola ceremony will be held April 27.
Christian Petzold's 'Barbara' Leads Nominations For Germany's Lola Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?