Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…