Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'