Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest Film News
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- Paramount Pulls In Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’ With Matt Damon, Reese Witherspoon
- ‘The Martian’ Review: Matt Damon Proves There Is Life On Mars In This Sci-Fi Gem
- 20th Century Fox Names Sirena Liu As Head Of China Office
- Trudie Styler To Direct Bette Midler, Others In LGBT Film ‘Freak Show’
- Kodak Names Cinematographer-in-Residence at UCLA; Tribeca Shortlist, New SVOD Service Launched