Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Bourne' Back At #1 & 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+, Both With China Assist; 'Pets' Passes $700M WW - Intl Box Office
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Latest Film News
- MoMA Slates Fall Bardfest With 21 Shakespeare-Related Films
- ‘In Dubious Battle’ Trailer: James Franco Takes On John Steinbeck – Venice
- VidAngel Adds Big-Name Lawyers To Fight Studios As Filtered Film Legal Battle Looms
- Joe And Anthony Russo In Talks To Form Major Entity With China-Based Huayi Brothers
- Ben Affleck Drops Footage Of DC Villain Deathstroke On Twitter
- ‘Lion’ To Open Zurich Fest; Canal Plus Vet Alduy Joins Fox TV Distribution – Global Briefs