Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
September B.O. Booming To Near All-Time $700M Record As 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' & 'Lego Ninjago' Enter Fall Fray
Latest Film News
- Animation Is Film Festival Announces Full Slate
- Women’s Media Summit Calls For Boycott Of Movies That Snub Female Filmmakers
- ‘Star Wars’: Ron Howard Teases “Spicey” Set From Han Solo Film
- Bernie Casey Dies: ‘Revenge Of The Nerds And ‘I’m Gonna Git You Sucka’ Actor Was 78
- ‘Escape Plan 3’: Dave Bautista, Max Zhang & More Join Sylvester Stallone For Sequel — UPDATE
- If ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Brings A Movie Laugh, It Won’t Be A Minute Too Soon