Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Madea' Scares Off 'Jack Reacher' For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; 'Joneses' Opening Lower Than 'Masterminds' - Sat. AM Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Latest Film News
- Director Tim Miller, Ryan Reynolds Part Company On ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Madea’ Scares Off ‘Jack Reacher’ For No. 1 As Saturday Battle Brews; ‘Joneses’ Opening Lower Than ‘Masterminds’ – Sat…
- Kevin Meaney Dies: Veteran Comic And Actor Was 60
- Ex-State Sen. Ron Calderon Sentenced In Film Incentives Bribe Case
- ‘Neruda’ Trailer: Life On The Run For Chilean Poet & Political Firebrand
- Time Warner Sale To AT&T Shows Distribution, Not Content, Is King