Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- DreamWorks Animation “Will Absolutely Continue” Making Toon Features In Glendale, Comcast CEO Says
- ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’s Sterling K. Brown Back In Court For ‘Marshall’
- Ava DuVernay Out As Director On DreamWorks’ ‘Intelligent Life’
- ‘Girl On The Train’s Tate Taylor Taps Jacob Jaffke For Key Exec Post At Wyolah Films
- Les Moonves Calls Not Embracing Diversity “Stupid”, Universal’s Jeff Shell Tells Confab Movie Biz 10 Years Behind…
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ Moves To 2017; Clash Avoided With Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’