Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest Film News
- Matt Ross To Direct TriStar’s Futuristic Crime Thriller ‘Tomorrow And Tomorrow’
- Charlize Theron & Seth Rogen Topline Comedy ‘Flarsky’
- Illumination COO Natalie Fischer Stepping Aside; Ex-Jim Henson Boss To Replace Her
- Barbara Boxer At CAA: “It’s Not Up To Meryl Streep To Tailor A Message For Middle America”
- Fox & Shawn Levy’s 21 Laps Acquire ‘Three Dark Crowns’
- WGA & AMPTP Set Date For Start Of Contract Talks