Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'NCIS' Current & Former Cast & Crew Remember Gary Glasberg: "Our Rock, Our Cheerleader, Our Team Captain" - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘True Memoirs Of An International Assassin’ Trailer: Kevin James Wrote The Book On Faux Killer
- Johnny Depp To Star in ‘Murder On The Orient Express’ At Fox
- Open Road Hires Paramount Exec Lejo Pet To Head Acquisitions
- ‘The Great Wall’ Brings Zhang Yimou & Matt Damon To New York Comic-Con
- Fox Lands ‘Operation Prince Of Freedom’ Spec; Jake Szymanski To Direct
- Jennifer Hudson Joins UK’s ‘The Voice’; Doha’s Ajyal Youth Fest Unveils Line-Up — Global Briefs