Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
Paramount To Turn Key & Peele's 'Substitute Teacher' Into Feature; Keegan-Michael Key And Jordan Peele To Star
Latest Film News
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Michael Keaton Starrer ‘The Founder’ Gets Release Date; Focus World Rounds Out 2015 Slate
- Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short ‘Sundays’ Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
- Oscars: Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Not Returning In 2016; Academy Starts New Producer Search
- All3Media Nearing Deal To Acquire Sam Mendes’ Neal Street Productions
- Talent Agency Launches Biz Development Arm Verve Ventures; Amy Beecroft Will Steer It