Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- 'Casting JonBenet' Trailer: Director Kitty Green Revisits Murder Case Using Local Talent
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’