Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice Through The Looking Glass' Review: Inventive Sequel Is A Worthwhile Trip Down The Rabbit Hole
Latest Film News
- ‘The Boxcar Children’ Series Of Books To Be Produced As Family Films
- Dwayne Johnson-Rawson Thurber China Action Pitch Stirs Big Bids
- Bernie Sanders Steps Up Attack On Disney Over Disneyland Wages
- Shawn Dunn Boards Original Force As CTO; Pamela Wolfe Named HR Executive VP At Starz
- Epix & Katie Couric Respond To Criticism Over Anti-Gun Docu Editing
- Dominic Bogart Storming ‘The Glass Castle’; Gregg Sulkin Joins Magical App Pic; ‘Battle Of The Sexes’ Courts…