Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Red Band Society' Bus Ads Pulled Over Offensive Language Referring To Octavia Spencer
- Hot Trailer: Christoph Waltz & Amy Adams In Tim Burton's 'Big Eyes'
- Fox Moves 'Assassin's Creed' Out of 2015; Sets 'Deadpool' For Feb. 2016
- Ruben Fleischer, David Bernad & Justin Spitzer Sell Workplace Comedy To NBC
- Tech Titan Larry Ellison Steps Down As Oracle CEO
- R.I.P. Publicist Bob Palmer