Cherry stars Ashley Hinshaw, Dev Patel, Heather Graham, and James Franco and premiered this year in the Panorama Section at the Berlin International Film Festival. IFC Films has acquired North American rights to the film, which stars Hinshaw as an 18-year-old high schooler who explores the world of strip clubs and porn after running off to San Francisco with her best friend (Patel). Elliott, a former sex worker and the author of seven books, made his directorial debut and wrote the script with Lorelei Lee, a porn performer, writer and lecturer at NYU. ICM reps the film, which is produced by Jordan Kessler and Elizabeth Destro in association with Enderby Entertainment, Elana Krausz, Gordon Bijelonic/Datari Turner Films, and Kink.com.
IFC Films Acquires Stephen Elliott's 'Cherry'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Revenge' Ratings Leap After Cancellation, 'Secrets & Lies', 'Last Man On Earth' & 'Madam Secretary' Finales Even
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest Film News
- Ellen Albertini Dow Dies: ‘Wedding Singer’s’ Rapping Granny Was 101
- Participant Media Ups Sam Neswick To Chief Strategist
- Three Exit First Artists Management To Set Up New Agency
- Nu Image Invites ‘Leatherface’, Pair Of Thrillers To Cannes Market
- ‘Midnight Rider’ Director Claims Innocence In Sarah Jones Case Despite Pleading Guilty
- ‘Ultron’s $191.3M Bow Spikes Weekend’s Total B.O. To 51% Over 2014 – Final Monday Update