With two upcoming high-profile roles — in Snow White And The Huntsman, due on June 1, and Prometheus, due one week later — Charlize Theron is being honored in Las Vegas by CinemaCon with its Distinguished Decade of Achievement in Film Award. The honor will be handed out April 26 at the theater owner’s convention’s awards ceremony. Theron, a new mother on top of everything else, is coming off some of the best reviews of her career in the 2011 dramatic comedy, Young Adult. She won a Best Actress Oscar for 2003’s Monster, in which she played against her looks by playing Daytona Beach prostitute Aileen Wournos, who became a serial killer. The CinemaCon convention is the annual Las Vegas meeting put on by the National Association of Theater Owners.
Charlize Theron Getting CinemaCon Honor
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
Guest Stars Set For 'Downton Abbey' Christmas Episode; Endemol Inks With Amber TV: Global Showbiz Briefs
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List