Chad Michael Murray and Gary Cole have been cast in ABC’s drama pilot Scruples, executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman and directed by The Vow helmer Michael Sucsy. Based on the novel by Judith Krantz, Scruples centers on rich and powerful clothing designer Billy Winthrop (Claire Forlani) in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Murray will play handsome playboy photographer Spider, who works for Winthrop. Cole will play the manipulative Royce, the longtime lawyer of Winthrop’s late husband who is infuriated when Billy inherits his empire and vows to keep it under her control. This marks the return to series television for former One Tree Hill star Murray, who recently returned to the CW drama. He is with WME and Brillstein Entertainment. Cole, repped by ICM and Barbara Gale, recently co-starred in the Geffen Playhouse production of Superior Donuts and has recurred on The Good Wife.
Chad Michael Murray & Gary Cole Cast In ABC Drama Pilot 'Scruples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series