EXCLUSIVE: CBS’ half-hour pilot Partners has reworked and recast some of its supporting characters. The multicamera project, from Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, centers on lifelong friends and business partners —architects Charlie (David Krumholtz), who is straight, and Louis (Michael Urie), who is gay. Co-starring as the duo’s significant others are Sophia Bush as Charlie’s fiancé Ali and Brandon Routh as Louis steady partner. Also originally cast as regulars in the pilot were Elizabeth Regen as Ro-Ro, Charlie and Louis’ colorful assistant, and Brit Lucy Davis as Renata, droll bookkeeper for Charlie’s fiancé Ali, a jewelry boutique owner. After the pilot’s table read, the Ro-Ro role was made guest-starring (with series option) and was recast with Tracy Vilar. The character of Renata has been written out while a new guest-starring role, Cassandra, has been introduced, with Saturday Night Live alumna Molly Shannon tapped to play it.
CBS' Pilot 'Partners' Tweaks Supporting Roles, Casts Molly Shannon As Guest Star
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates