EXCLUSIVE: CBS’ half-hour pilot Partners has reworked and recast some of its supporting characters. The multicamera project, from Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, centers on lifelong friends and business partners —architects Charlie (David Krumholtz), who is straight, and Louis (Michael Urie), who is gay. Co-starring as the duo’s significant others are Sophia Bush as Charlie’s fiancé Ali and Brandon Routh as Louis steady partner. Also originally cast as regulars in the pilot were Elizabeth Regen as Ro-Ro, Charlie and Louis’ colorful assistant, and Brit Lucy Davis as Renata, droll bookkeeper for Charlie’s fiancé Ali, a jewelry boutique owner. After the pilot’s table read, the Ro-Ro role was made guest-starring (with series option) and was recast with Tracy Vilar. The character of Renata has been written out while a new guest-starring role, Cassandra, has been introduced, with Saturday Night Live alumna Molly Shannon tapped to play it.
CBS' Pilot 'Partners' Tweaks Supporting Roles, Casts Molly Shannon As Guest Star
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'