EXCLUSIVE: CBS’ half-hour pilot Partners has reworked and recast some of its supporting characters. The multicamera project, from Will & Grace creators Max Mutchnick and David Kohan, centers on lifelong friends and business partners —architects Charlie (David Krumholtz), who is straight, and Louis (Michael Urie), who is gay. Co-starring as the duo’s significant others are Sophia Bush as Charlie’s fiancé Ali and Brandon Routh as Louis steady partner. Also originally cast as regulars in the pilot were Elizabeth Regen as Ro-Ro, Charlie and Louis’ colorful assistant, and Brit Lucy Davis as Renata, droll bookkeeper for Charlie’s fiancé Ali, a jewelry boutique owner. After the pilot’s table read, the Ro-Ro role was made guest-starring (with series option) and was recast with Tracy Vilar. The character of Renata has been written out while a new guest-starring role, Cassandra, has been introduced, with Saturday Night Live alumna Molly Shannon tapped to play it.
CBS' Pilot 'Partners' Tweaks Supporting Roles, Casts Molly Shannon As Guest Star
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'