Carla Gugino is set to co-star opposite Sigourney Weaver in Political Animals, USA Network’s 6-episode drama series from Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark, which premieres this summer. Written by Berlanti, the Washington DC-based series is a fictional look at a former first family that exposes a dynasty weakened by political ambition, lust and greed. It centers on Elaine Barrish (Weaver), the divorced former First Lady and newly appointed Secretary of State who throws herself into the job after recovering from the dissolution of her marriage and losing the presidential nomination. She attempts to keep her family together, while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and a hungry Pulitzer Prize-winning DC journalist, Susan Berg (Gugino) bent on destroying her career. Also previously cast in the Warner Horizon-produced project are James Wolk as Elaine’s son Doug who serves as her chief of staff and Brittany Ishibashi as his fiance. Gugino, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, is coming off a successful Broadway in Road to Mecca. Her recent screen credits include movie Sucker Punch and the Showtime series Californication.
Carla Gugino To Star Opposite Sigourney Weaver In USA Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes– TCA
- Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash: Chase Design Group Founder Created ‘Buffy’ & ‘Angel’ Logos
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial
- ‘The Flash’: Tom Felton Won’t Return As Series Regular For Season 4
- ‘Chicago P.D.’: Tracy Spiridakos Upped To Series Regular; Jessica Camacho Joins ‘Taken’
- Fox Hit With $48M Lawsuit By Exec It Fired Over Sexual Assault Claim