Carla Gugino is set to co-star opposite Sigourney Weaver in Political Animals, USA Network’s 6-episode drama series from Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark, which premieres this summer. Written by Berlanti, the Washington DC-based series is a fictional look at a former first family that exposes a dynasty weakened by political ambition, lust and greed. It centers on Elaine Barrish (Weaver), the divorced former First Lady and newly appointed Secretary of State who throws herself into the job after recovering from the dissolution of her marriage and losing the presidential nomination. She attempts to keep her family together, while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and a hungry Pulitzer Prize-winning DC journalist, Susan Berg (Gugino) bent on destroying her career. Also previously cast in the Warner Horizon-produced project are James Wolk as Elaine’s son Doug who serves as her chief of staff and Brittany Ishibashi as his fiance. Gugino, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, is coming off a successful Broadway in Road to Mecca. Her recent screen credits include movie Sucker Punch and the Showtime series Californication.
Carla Gugino To Star Opposite Sigourney Weaver In USA Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
Latest TV News
- Jared Kushner Now “Under Scrutiny” In FBI’s Russia Probe
- Final 2016-17 TV Rankings: ‘Sunday Night Football’ Winning Streak Continues
- Ron Howard On Directing ‘The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – The Touring Years’: The Contenders Emmys Video
- ‘Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly’ Promo: Vague About Details, Mum On Vladimir Putin
- ‘Law & Order: SVU’- ‘Chicago Justice’s Michael S. Chernuchin Named Showrunner
- ‘Kingdom’ & ‘Bloodline’ Final Seasons Review: Strong Shows Go Out Swinging