Carla Gugino is set to co-star opposite Sigourney Weaver in Political Animals, USA Network’s 6-episode drama series from Greg Berlanti and Laurence Mark, which premieres this summer. Written by Berlanti, the Washington DC-based series is a fictional look at a former first family that exposes a dynasty weakened by political ambition, lust and greed. It centers on Elaine Barrish (Weaver), the divorced former First Lady and newly appointed Secretary of State who throws herself into the job after recovering from the dissolution of her marriage and losing the presidential nomination. She attempts to keep her family together, while simultaneously dealing with crises of the State Department and a hungry Pulitzer Prize-winning DC journalist, Susan Berg (Gugino) bent on destroying her career. Also previously cast in the Warner Horizon-produced project are James Wolk as Elaine’s son Doug who serves as her chief of staff and Brittany Ishibashi as his fiance. Gugino, repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment, is coming off a successful Broadway in Road to Mecca. Her recent screen credits include movie Sucker Punch and the Showtime series Californication.
Carla Gugino To Star Opposite Sigourney Weaver In USA Series 'Political Animals'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot