EXCLUSIVE: Demian Bichir, whose performance in the Chris Weitz-directged A Better Life earned him a Best Actor Oscar nomination, has signed with CAA. Bichir’s nomination was the first for a Latin American actor in that category in 23 years (since Edward James Olmos received his nod for Stand And Deliver). He also won an Ariel Award for ‘Til Death. Bichir will next be seen starring in the Oliver Stone-directed Savages, based on the Don Winslow novel. He’s currently playing Buddy Ackerman in Mexico City, the Spanish-language translation of the play Swimming With Sharks. Kevin Spacey memorably played the Ackerman role in the 1994 feature film. Bichir is managed by Sekka Scher and Amy Brownstein.
CAA Signs Oscar Nominee Demian Bichir
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest Film News
- Hot Cannes Title: BLOOM To Sell International On Julius Onah-Helmed ‘Luce’
- Big Tribeca Deal: Apple Pays 7-Figures For Ed Sheeran Documentary ‘Songwriter’
- Verve Launches Publishing Division And Hires Lit Agent Liz Parker To Run It
- Margaret French Isaac Named President Of Denise Di Novi Pictures
- ‘A Quiet Place’ Screams No. 1, ‘I Feel Pretty’ Debut, ‘Super Trooper 2’ Siren Success…
- Tom Brady To Write Seth Gordon-Directed Racial Injustice Feature Film ‘Tulia’