EXCLUSIVE: Demian Bichir, whose performance in the Chris Weitz-directged A Better Life earned him a Best Actor Oscar nomination, has signed with CAA. Bichir’s nomination was the first for a Latin American actor in that category in 23 years (since Edward James Olmos received his nod for Stand And Deliver). He also won an Ariel Award for ‘Til Death. Bichir will next be seen starring in the Oliver Stone-directed Savages, based on the Don Winslow novel. He’s currently playing Buddy Ackerman in Mexico City, the Spanish-language translation of the play Swimming With Sharks. Kevin Spacey memorably played the Ackerman role in the 1994 feature film. Bichir is managed by Sekka Scher and Amy Brownstein.
CAA Signs Oscar Nominee Demian Bichir
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' To See Weekend Victory Of $55M+; 'Girls Trip' Hot At $27M+; 'Valerian' Falling To Earth With $16M
Sean Spicer Resigns As Anthony Scaramucci Named White House Communications Director; Trump Lauds "His Great Television Ratings"
Latest Film News
- From 'Fauda's Assaf Bernstein On 'Rose Madder’ To 'The Shining' Onstage: What's Behind Stephen King's…
- Nicole Ari Parker To Star In Indie Comedy ‘Headshop’
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Trailer: Holden Caulfield Gets His Bookish Moment
- Jenny Slate Dials Up 'Landline'; Music Box Calls 'The Midwife' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Comic-Con: Noah Hawley Developing ‘Doctor Doom’ Movie For Fox