EXCLUSIVE: Demian Bichir, whose performance in the Chris Weitz-directged A Better Life earned him a Best Actor Oscar nomination, has signed with CAA. Bichir’s nomination was the first for a Latin American actor in that category in 23 years (since Edward James Olmos received his nod for Stand And Deliver). He also won an Ariel Award for ‘Til Death. Bichir will next be seen starring in the Oliver Stone-directed Savages, based on the Don Winslow novel. He’s currently playing Buddy Ackerman in Mexico City, the Spanish-language translation of the play Swimming With Sharks. Kevin Spacey memorably played the Ackerman role in the 1994 feature film. Bichir is managed by Sekka Scher and Amy Brownstein.
CAA Signs Oscar Nominee Demian Bichir
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says