EXCLUSIVE: Bridesmaids co-star Wendi McLendon-Covey has been tapped as the female lead in ABC’s comedy pilot Only Fools And Horses. The deal caps a couple of days of frenzy surrounding the actress, who suddenly became available for broadcast pilots when she was released from the HBO pilot Viagra Diaries on Friday following star Goldie Hawn’s surprising exit. McLendon-Covey’s reps were immediately inundated with calls. The Reno 911! alumna received five offers, ultimately settling on Only Fools And Horses. Based on the British format, the multicamera comedy chronicles the misadventures of two streetwise brothers, Del (John Leguizamo) and Rodney (Dustin Ybarra), and their aging grandfather (Christopher Lloyd) as they concoct outrageous, morally questionable get-rich-quick schemes in their quest to become millionaires. McLendon-Covey will play Del’s ex-wife Ruby, owner of The Lost And Found Lounge, who kicked him to the curb after he traded her wedding ring for a truckload of ostrich meat. Groundlings alumna McLendon-Covey, repped by UTA and manager Gladys Gonzalez, will next be seen in the features Magic Mike and What To Expect When You’re Expecting. She recently reunited with her Bridesmaids castmates at the Oscars where they served as presenters.
'Bridesmaids’ Wendi McLendon-Covey To Co-Star In ABC Pilot 'Only Fools & Horses'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Greg Garcia To Produce NBC Comedy With Sebastian Maniscalco Eyed To Star
- 'Bachelor Party' Comedy Series Inspired By Movie Set At ABC As Put Pilot
- Julie Anne Robinson Sells Drama With Shondaland, 'No Angels' Comedy Adaptation With Amblin To ABC
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Neal Baer & Alexandra McNally
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons