EXCLUSIVE: Twilight‘s Billy Burke will play the lead in NBC’s untitled JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke drama pilot (form. Revolution), directed by Jon Favreau. The high-octane action drama follows a group of people struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Burke was originally cast three weeks ago in the supporting role of Bass, a charismatic Marine. Meanwhile, the extensive search for an actor to play the lead, Miles, an amazingly resourceful man with dark and dangerous side, continued even after the pilot went into production last week. Then over the weekend, the producers decided to get Burke to play Miles. His new deal is now being worked out while the role of Bass is being recast. Burke, repped by Gersh and Ellen Meyer Management, is best known for playing Bella Swan’s father in the Twilight Saga franchise.
Billy Burke Getting Promoted To The Lead Role In JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke's NBC Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest TV News
- ‘Lemony Snicket’s A Series Of Unfortunate Events’ Trailer No. 2: No Happy Endings Here
- ‘Victoria’s Secret’ Ratings Hit New Low, ‘Monday Night Football’ Tackled
- YouTube & Blumhouse TV Team For ’12 Deadly Days’ Horror-Comedy Series
- Syfy Orders ‘Superstition’ Series From Mario Van Peebles & XLrator Media
- ‘Libby & Malcolm’ Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman & Courtney Vance Gets ABC Pilot Order
- AMC Networks CEO Sees Growth In 2017 From Originals And Ad Sales