EXCLUSIVE: Twilight‘s Billy Burke will play the lead in NBC’s untitled JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke drama pilot (form. Revolution), directed by Jon Favreau. The high-octane action drama follows a group of people struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist. Burke was originally cast three weeks ago in the supporting role of Bass, a charismatic Marine. Meanwhile, the extensive search for an actor to play the lead, Miles, an amazingly resourceful man with dark and dangerous side, continued even after the pilot went into production last week. Then over the weekend, the producers decided to get Burke to play Miles. His new deal is now being worked out while the role of Bass is being recast. Burke, repped by Gersh and Ellen Meyer Management, is best known for playing Bella Swan’s father in the Twilight Saga franchise.
Billy Burke Getting Promoted To The Lead Role In JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke's NBC Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming